☀ epilogue

a r e u m

i can't believe it's been a year now since jungkook confessed his feelings for me.

and ever since then my life has completely changed; he magically swept away the loneliness that i've been feeling for so long which i'm thankful for.

it feels like yesterday when i received my first picture from him, of course i didn't know it was him back then.

to be honest i feel stupid for trying to look for that secret admirer when jungkook was right in front of me the whole time.

i just needed some time to realize that jungkook is the one for me.

everything started with a picture, so today- on our first anniversary, i decided to collect all the pictures i have for the two of us as i wrote pretty words on each one of them before putting them in a scrapbook and give it to him.

i took a final look at the finished scrapbook and was quite satisfied with it.

suddenly i heard my phone buzzing, notifying me that i got a missed text on kakaotalk.

i grabbed the phone and i felt a smile crept its way on my face when it read jungkookie. i clicked on the text and it immediately opened our chat.

jungkookie: i'll pick you up tonight at 8, wear something good;)
6:04pm

i felt myself blushing lightly when i saw that winky face before typing.

me: okay and don't worry i got it covered;)
6:07pm

i locked the phone before checking the hour, realizing that i have three hours to get ready.

i went to my wardrobe and took a glance at my outfits to decide which one would look the best on me before deciding to pick a nude colored dress that is simple yet still elegant, a nude colored high heels that matched the dress and a silver purse.

i put the stuff out and went to take a shower before getting dressed. i settled for a light makeup: a nude lipstick, mascara and eyeliner.

i took a last look at the mirror, satisfied with what i see before i heard a car honk from outside notifying me that jungkook was here.

i quickly took my gift and dashed out of the house and sat at the front seat next to jungkook.

"my baby looks so beautiful." he whispered to my ears softly. i blushed at his lovely complement like i always do whenever he complements me.

the drive was silent but i didn't mind tho because i enjoyed his presence. we'd occasionally catch each other staring and we'd just blush and smile while shyly looking away. he looks so cute when he blushes.

when we reached our destination it was so familiar to me- it was the place where he confessed to me exactly one year ago.

"it's our first anniversary today and i honestly don't think i'd rather be somewhere else." he said. i just smiled at the thought of him being so sweet.

we walked in and made our way to an empty bench as we sat down, gazing at the starry sky above.

"jungkook.." i said softly. he replied with a 'hm?' while were still gazing at the sky.

"i'm sorry, for hurting you. i know you've been hurt a lot by me and i hate myself for it. and i honestly don't know how did i become that lucky to have someone like you in my life. i feel like i don't deserv-"

i was cut off by him hugging me as i felt myself slowly melting in his embrace and i felt like crying because i felt some hot fresh tears forming in my eyes.

he broke the hug and cupped my cheeks in the palm of his hands and wiped the tears with his thumb.

"you look so ugly when you cry." he teased me, sticking his tongue out. i hit him lightly and scolded him playfully.

"and you don't need to be sorry. what's important is that we have each other now." he said. i smiled before hugging him again.

"oh i have something for you." i said excitedly, remembering the gift.

"close your eyes, no peaking." i threatened him playfully before reaching for my purse, taking the scrapbook out and placing it in jungkook's hands.

"alright you can open them now."

he did what i told him and looked down at the scrapbook. his face suddenly seemed expressionless which made me worry a bit that he didn't like it.

i watched him in anticipation as he slowly opened it.

"i made a scrapbook with all our pictures together." i told him while he was checking the pictures carefully.

he was still silent which made me freak out.

i was taken aback when he gave me a peck on my cheeks but felt relieved to know that he liked it.

"you liked it?"
"i loved it." he emphasized the word 'loved' which made me more happy and couldn't stop smiling.

"say cheese." and right before i know it, he snapped a picture of me smiling while looking away from the camera.

"i read once a quote that said 'if you wanna know what someone fears losing, watch what they photograph' and maybe that's why i take a lot of pictures of you; to remind me that i fear losing you." his words made me speechless once again and i couldn't help but blush.

"i love you endlessly, jeon jungkook."

a/n: so this was the last chapter hope you like it despite the cliché ending i crii;-; tbh this turned out to be waaay longer than i intended omg