☀ nine

j u n g k o o k

i went home from school, took a quick nap and got up to get ready for the prom. just because i'm not going with my crush that doesn't mean that i can't go with anyone, so i asked tae's little sister out and of course she didn't mind. tae didn't mind either.

i took a warm shower and went to my closet. i stood there for a couple of minutes, scanning my clothes carefully before picking up a black tuxedo, a white shirt underneath it and a red silky tie. i put the clothes on the bed and quickly wore them. after finishing i put on some cologne. i mean, you probably don't want to be smelly in front of your date right? that's a big turn off.

anyways i went into the living room and sat on the couch waiting for tae and his sister. i checked the hour, 6:45. i sighed in relief cause i finished earlier than i thought.

i stared at my surroundings carefully; the apartment was in a complete mess, apart from my room. i was cut off when my eyes met my polaroid camera. i then remembered that i didn't take pictures of anything for a while, especially people. i eventually decided to grab it with me so i could save this night forever.

i was cut off again when the doorbell rang loudly, filling the silence of the atmosphere. i headed to the door and i was greeted by tae's rectangular grin and his sister smiling lightly.

"kookie you look fancy tonight~" taehyung said as he squeezed me in a tight hug. i smiled lightly before hugging him back.

"thanks hyung, but can you let go of me? i can't breathe." i said in a shaky tone. he quickly let go of me and smiled apologetically, i slowly nodded.

we got in the car, and let me tell you the ride was so loud that people could almost join our conversation. it didn't take us that long to reach the school. we got out of the car and immediately headed towards the school.

neon lights were everywhere, they were so beautiful that i took some pictures of them. i saw many of my classmates and my sunbaes but my eyes were roaming around for only one girl, areum.

[✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚]

a r e u m

i waited for jimin outside for about 30 minutes or so. i called him and texted him so many times but he didn't answer. i started to freak out and worried. what if he was fooling me? what if he dumbed me at the last minute? all these what ifs were killing me.

i was cut off my deep thoughts when the loud buzz of my iphone filled the atmosphere. i quickly grabbed it and checked the messages, i saw one new text from jimin. he better have a convincing explanation for showing up late.

anticipated i was, i clicked on the message and started reading.

jimin: hey um look i'm sorry but i can't go to the prom with you

i felt my world falls apart. how could he deceive me like this? i curled up into a ball as i hugged my knees close to my chest. i felt hot fresh tears started to form in my eyes. if i could hold them back i swear i would, but i was too fragile to do so. so i decided to let myself cry.

i sobbed and cried to the extinct that i thought i ran out of tears. i felt vulnerable at that moment. how did i let myself be fooled by his charms and fell for his trap. he's the school's heartthrob while i'm just an ordinary girl.

why did i let myself dream big, why?

a/n: that was sad af i'm so sorry i promise things will get better in the next chap(T^T) anyways vote and comment that would be highly appreciated, fighting~