☀ eight

a r e u m

my iphone buzzed loudly, indicating me that i had just received a new text.

i swiftly unlocked it and opened the text, reading its contents.

jungkook: haha that'd be kool lol
received; 6:17pm

jungkook's been acting strangely these past couple of days, he replies with short sentences which is clearly not him at all because usually he's the talkative one. his smile is not the same, he became paler than he is already, visible bags were shown under his eyes from either the lack of sleep or from crying too much and he even started skipping school, which made me extremely worried about him.

i tried figuring out why but couldn't. i wanted to talk to him about it but instead i sent him a laughing emoji and turned the phone off. i shrugged these thoughts off and went to do my essay which i'm going to turn it in the day after tomorrow then drifted off to sleep, thinking about how amazing tomorrow night will be, hopefully.

«✛✛✛✛✛✛✛✛»

prom day

everyone was so excited about the prom, including areum of course. girls talking about how perfect their dates are and how amazing the night will be, guys talking about how hot they expect their dates to be.

it was so loud in the hallways. however, only one person wasn't excited as much as the other students; jungkook. he made his way to his locker as he stared blankly at everyone else. he immediately snapped out of his thoughts when he felt two arms wrapped around his neck, embracing him.

"oh god i've been so worried about you! what happened?" areum said in a soft tone that's full of concern as she held him tighter, almost crying.

he froze for a moment, analyzing the situation before he came back to his senses and wrapped his arms around her petite waist. he buried his face in her hair as hot fresh tears made their way to his cheeks.

after a short amount of time they broke the hug, looking into each other's eyes.

"mianhae, i didn't mean to worry you but i needed some time alone." he said softly, his voice almost cracking.

she nodded reassuringly, happy that her best friend is okay.

for the rest of the day areum kept talking about how excited she is about the prom while jungkook was only listening, faking smiles when she turned her head to face him.

after school areum hurriedly went to her home to get ready for the prom. she picked up the pink dress and wore it quickly, then she made her brown long hair into an elegant bun and to complete the look she applied some light makeup. she wore her silver high heels as she waited for jimin to pick her up.

as she was waiting impatiently for him, her stomach was filled with butterflies and goosebumps made their way to her spine.

this is gonna be the night of my life.

a/n: finally back with a new update~ sorry for the delay but i was extremely busy these past couple of days. and sorry if it sounds cliché but i was drowsy while writing this so.. anyways keep reading, fighting~