|seventeen|

Rika awoke to the warm air blowing in her face. She closed her eyelids again. But wait... Warm air? She suddenly shot up. Only to groan because of the pain in her back, her neck, her arms...

"So you're finally awake kid, aye?" Came the mildly sarcastic tone of none other than Han Solo.

"Han!" She cried, relieved. "Yo-you're alive!" Rika shot up to hug him.

Han rolled his eyes and grabbed her shoulders. "Wow, kid. No. I'm dead. I'm just here and walking and talking."

"Okay..." Rika said slowly. "Where exactly are we? One minute I thought I was going to die, the next I'm here..."

"Near Takodana, I got a transmission from Maz." Han replied, fiddling with something.

Rika got up with much trouble. "Wow, she's still there? I thought after..." She groaned as the room spun.

"Sleep kid, when you wake up, we'll be with Maz." Han patted Rika's head and then everything went black.

-----

Crackle crackle. "Hello?" The transmission rumbled.

3PO shot up. "Oh my! We have been discovered! We must alert Her Highness- General Leia immediately!"

"Oh Theerpio, please don't do that. Leia's gonna have my head anyways." Came the familiar voice of Han Solo.

"Oh, Captain Solo! How glad we are to hear your voice. Everyone's been mourning here, it was awful! Though, do tell me, is Commander Tillisk with you?"

Laughter came through the comm unit. "Of course, she is, thought that you could get rid of us that easily? But Rika..." He sighed.

"What, Captain Solo? What about Commander Tillisk?"

"She's alive, but she's not very well. We're on Takodana, Maz's helping us. Say, Theerpio, is Chewie there?"

"Oh that horrendous Wookie!" 3PO cried. "He's on a rampage wreaking chaos! He almost ripped pilot Wexley's head off for mentioning Commander Tillisk. It was terrible! Why would you ever choose a Wookie as your lifelong companion. A droid would be much better--"

"Okay Theerpio! I get it! But please, get Chewie!" He then muttered something under his breath that sound suspiciously like "all droids are as annoying as you".

"Yes sir," 3PO relented, finally going off. "I really can't understand human behavior sometimes! I was just trying to help!"

"And I can't understand droid behavior. I just wanted them to shut up!"

-----

"Chewbacca!" 3PO waved. His response was an apple (or maybe a crate of them) was thrown in his way. "How rude," he bristled. "Why on Hoth am I trying to negotiate with a Wookie? Chewbacca no less? I cannot believe I'm doing this." He stepped forward. "Chewbacca? Hello? Chewbacca?"

A growl came his way.

"Oh, Chewbacca! I have something that you might want to hear! It's about Captain Solo!" He sang.

Suddenly, a furry mess pounced on the droid, almost flattening him into metal. Chewie began trying to pull the golden droid's head off.

"Chewie!" Someone suddenly hissed. Chewie looked around, but when he saw nothing, he continued trying to disable the 3PO. "Chewie!" It hissed. The voice sounded strangely familiar.

"Chewie!" The voice snapped. A flickering image of a pissed off Han Solo was displayed out of 3PO's retina.

"Han!" Chewie roared. Resisting the urge to hug the old man. Even if he was only a hologram.