CHAPTER 6 - I BECAME A DISCIPLE OF A...

The next morning was the beginning of what would become my routine for the next several weeks. And as first days go, this one was a doozy.

After Aika woke me and brought me to breakfast on the way, I saw other races like elf, half beast man, and some demons, and it seems Aika and her parents are human and this kingdom is happen to be non-discriminating against other races., Her father approached the table, he was a tall, rawboned, rangy bearded blue eyes middle age fellow with a face so tanned by wind and sun you had the impression that his skin would feel like leather if you could affect the impertinence to test it by the sense of touch. Not that you would like to encourage this bit of impudence after a look into his devil-may-care eyes; but you might easily imagine something much stronger than brown wrapping paper and not quite so passive as burnt clay. His clothes fit him loosely and yet were graciously devoid of the bagginess which characterizes the appearance of extremely dignified man whose frames are not fully set and whose joints are still parading through the last stages development. This man, you could tell by looking at him that he has a majestic aura that fit of his title as king

And the one that followed him soon enough, is a tall goddess in her late 20s maybe, her face is somewhat pale like milk, and would shine if put under the sun, the impression that her skin would feel like as soft as marshmallow. Her eyes is a deep blue sapphire, that gives any man a soothing warm feeling just upon gazing on her captivating eyes. She is wearing a tight dress that covered almost the entirety of her body with gold linings. Her appearance is on par with a goddess, with great proportions, curves on the right places and you could tell by her aura that she is a queen that is fit to be fought for and envied by others.

I was hesitating to sit at first but Aika pulled me by my arm and had me seated next to her. When the maids came and prepared our food, my eyes widen, because the food that I saw looks really delicious, it ranges from pork, to beef, cakes, veggie's, eggs and many others.

I did not spoke, because I am getting shy... oh well, but when the king signaled that it's time to start eating I immediately took a piece of meat and started eating it, like I was starving for days. Aika and her parents watched me as I almost single handedly eaten all meat. The king and queen laugh on seeing me eating like a hungry wolf. While Aika could only watch in awe, she leaned to her mother and father then said.

"Mom, Dad, where does he keep all those food in with his small body?"

Then the three of them snickered with each other and started to eat as well, while eating the king ask me how I had manage to survive the forest of death alone, and how i had manage to arrive at their castle. Of course I told them all of my short adventures alone on the forest of death, while the queen ask me what happened to my parents, and when I told her that I don't have one, well since my mother is going to die anyway in 2year's time, or so I thought but later on, I would be shock. When I told the queen that I don't have any more parents she gave me a sad look and yet, she was not giving me a pitying look which made me thankful for her thoughts.

We chatted for a while, and it seems like the queen's name is Sheen Phoenix and the king's name is Morbid phoenix the 3rd, of the flame heartz kingdom. And also Aika had brag to me that her family is one of the most influential and one of the most powerful in the area. Of course they also explained to me that there are over thousands of kingdoms known. Except those kingdoms inside the forest of death. And I had introduced myself to them as Josh Vermillion since I felt that using this name sounds pretty cool. And it's not some random name that I came up on the spot with no reasons behind it anyways.

After finishing eating I was very very satisfied since it's my first time eating those kinds of delicacies in my entire life. Then the moment of truth comes, as King Morbid had ask me a nonchalant question that almost left me hanging for a while.