Prolouge

[The song is just something that represents the main love story in this book, but I hope you enjoy.]

It was summertime in the quaint town of Columbine, and the whole town was beaming with excitement, for it was the beginning of the long days and sunshine. Mothers were running in and out of shops, searching for the best summertime refreshments and only the best brands of sunscreen. Children were running amok, making plans for the days to come. The sun shone, and the birds sang, because summer had finally arrived.

      In the Southern part of town was a wealthier neighborhood. There, the rich and pampered prepared their suitcases for luxurious vacations all around the world. There was only one exception in this neighborhood, and that was the Willingham household. The Willingham's weren't your usual wealthy family. You see, Mrs. Willingham had passed away, leaving behind her widowed husband, Paul Willingham, and 12 year old daughter, Ariette. Years later, Mr. Willingham was remarried and staying in the same home with his new wife, Crystal, and Ariette.

        The strange part about this was, Ariette had hardly spoken a single word in the 5 years since her mother passed away. No one was quite sure why. Paul saw it as a way of grieving at first, but became concerned for his daughter's well-being after years of silence. Ariette remained nearly silent no matter what he tried. As far as Crystal was concerned, this was fine. She always made the best out of everything, and chose to stay out of the issue.

        Ariette's silence left her with little to no communication, so she searched for something. Any possible way she could reach out, without needing words. She found her voice in music. The sounds of a grand piano, or the strings of a violin always seemed to say more than words could. The melodies she produced, well,they were simply alluring. Amazing. Paul encouraged her to pursue her love of music and become a star, but she preferred the quiet symphonies in her bedroom to any stage performance. The music healed her, and slowly, she found her words.

        With the summer days approaching, Ariette too,  had summertime adventures in store. She would soon regain her voice, and create more than just beautiful symphonies. There would be beautiful memories, ones that she would never forget.