Chapter 4: Rainy Day Shopping

Amon and Kaneki arrived home around 11:30, but Kaneki was still fast asleep. It had rained earlier, and the ground was wet. So Amon figured the ghoul wouldn't mind if he carried him upstairs. He quietly and cautiously picked up Kaneki ( bridal style once again! 😜) and carried him up the stairs. He took off his and Kaneki's shoes and slowly walked to Kaneki's room, or the guest room. His sock covered feet made a soft padding sound as he tried not to wake the sleeping Demi-Ghoul. Once he was sure Kaneki wasn't awake, he took off his bloody shirt and placed him into one of his own old sweat shirts, also removing  the boy of the black jeans he was wearing, also splattered in blood, leaving Kaneki in a faded sweatshirt and his black boxers. Amon blushed at the sight. He's too cute! He thought as he laid the exhausted boy down into the covers and closed the door behind him. Oh wait! His food! He forgot it in the car. He was too lazy to put his shoes on, so he made a mad dash down the cold metal stairs to the car, bare footed ( he didn't want to get his socks wet) and hopped back and forth on each foot while unlocking the car, the asphalt was freezing under his feet. After grabbing the food, he locked the car door and sprinted back to his apartment. I NEED SOCKS! He screamed in his head as he ran to warm his feet up.
After his feet stopped screaming in pain, he made a cup of coffee and sat at the table. He was tired, but he couldn't seem to fall asleep. The images of the crying white haired boy kept flashing in his eyes. He stared at the  fridge freezer, and thinking of the bag of human meat it contained. After about ten minutes, he gave up and walked to his room, but not before checking in on the boy. He's still sound asleep. I'll ask him if he wants to go somewhere tomorrow, maybe it'll cheer him up. The investigator thought as he climbed into his own bed.

It's so warm, was the first thing Kaneki thought when he woke up. It was raining outside, heavily. He could here the drops pounding on the roof, stairs and everything else. He peered out the window next to the bed. It looked like it has been raining for hours, many puddles were already soaking the grass and turning green area to brown muddy land. He then noticed what he was wearing; no pants, and one of Investi- no, Amon- San's sweatshirts. And for some reason, thinking of this, he blushed. His face as red as his kagune. He groggily walked into the kitchen. Amon-San wasn't up yet. Oh well, might as well make him breakfast, after what he had to see last night. Kaneki still felt joy from the man's words. "it's alright. You don't have to be upset. I'm here and I don't mind you being a ghoul. You are different, you are not a monster." And for once, Kaneki smiled. A genuine smile that made him feel like every thing would get better. He blushed harder remembering the embrace the man had wrapped him in, and he felt warm, and so he kept smiling. He heard a small creak, and turned to see Amon-San walk into the kitchen. Kaneki's heart sped up. He had always thought the man was handsome, but jeeze! This investigator could make anyone go crazy for him, as he saw him in baggy sweatpants, with a loose shirt hanging over his muscular frame. Amon was mid yawn and was scratching his belly, showing off his beautiful abs. Kaneki blushed. Oh no he's hot! (Think about that spongebob episode where squidward says that)

Amon walked into the kitchen to see one very adorable Kaneki Ken, in his clothes and boxers. It took almost all of his concentration and willpower to stop himself from blushing, or leaping upon the white haired ghoul. "Good Morning, Amon-San" Kaneki smiled and looked straight at him. He didn't have enough power to stop himself from blushing this time. "Ahh Good morning Kaneki-Kun" He smiled back, and He smirked when He saw a blush on the boy. "Would you like some coffee?" Kaneki asked him, "it's alright Kaneki-Kun, I can do it." He said, to which Kaneki just stated "I insist" and that was that. After the coffee was brewed, Kaneki asked him to leave for a minute or two, so he did. He came back later to see Kaneki washing off a knife and cutting board, and then he sat down again. He watched as Kaneki sneaked some type of sugar looking cube into his own cup, and took a sip. "Mmmm" he said , and Amon followed as well with such actions. Although he was a half ghoul, Kaneki knew how to brew some coffee! The two sat in silence, sipping their drinks. The sound of rain was slightly muffled by the walls, and the wall of awkward that was thick enough to be cut with a knife. Amon finally spoke what was on his mind. "How are your wounds?" He asked, and Kaneki just shrugged. "They don't really hurt much anymore, but I think I'll need to stay a bit longer." He said, uncertain. Amon only nodded. "Well, if you're staying longer, we should get you some more clothes." "Um ok. What time are we leaving?" Kanki asked the Investigator. It was about ten in the morning. Amon realized he would have to got to his job tomorrow, leaving the ghoul at his home. "Um whenever. I'm going to take a shower and ea-" he was cut off by Kaneki. "Do you mind if I shower first?" He asked simply, and Amon just nodded and set out to cook his breakfast.