Chapter 10: French Trash and a Rabbit

Two days had passed since Amon and Kaneki's one month anniversary. Things were settling down in the apartment, but their relationship had only grown stronger. Especially after their very romantic night. *wink* *wink*

But all jokes aside, the two were completely infatuated with each other. Amon loved the shy boy who hid under the blankets when it was cold, who initiated a pillow fight at three in the morning, when they couldn't sleep. That caused quite a lot of complaints from their neighbors. Kaneki loved his big, nerdy boyfriend. His boyfriend who dragged him to sci-fy movies and stop into manga/comic book stores.

They had fallen into a routine: wake up,  have breakfast together, then Kaneki would make Amon's lunch, and send him off to work with a peck on the lips. Kaneki would shower and go to his part -time job at a bookstore a few blocks away. They would call each other on their breaks. Kaneki's job ended before Amon's, so he would go home, read or prepare dinner for Amon. They would eat dinner, watch some TV or read and go to sleep.

Kaneki no longer slept in the guest room, but in Amon's king sized bed. (Who had insisted it was far more comfortable than the twin size he had been sleeping on) Their routine was comfortable and soft, the days were pleasant and calm.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a year since they had last seen Kaneki, at Anteiku, they had worried nonstop for him until they received a letter from him two months ago. It was short, it simply said "Hello, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to contact you, I hope you did not worry too much. I am safe and I have started a new life, and sold my old apartment. I will try to meet you soon. sincerely, Kaneki Ken." And of course Touka had ripped it to shreds after everyone had read it. Nishiki tried to look like he didn't give a shit that he was gone, but they all knew he was upset. Hinami was the worst, having missed her new older brother who left her way too soon.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Shuu Tsukiyama was absolutely furious, to think that his precious Kaneki had been stolen away from him. After some research on his part, he was sure he had a lead on his dear meal. He sought out a little rabbit that he knew for backup, and also for a bit of comedy. The purpled haired waitress was a sight to see when she was pissed off. He carefully selected a day, and waited.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The one thing Kaneki was not expecting when he got home from his part time job was Touka and Tsukiyama in front of his apartment. He didn't really know how to address the situation, since he hadn't seen or really thought about them for a year. He reluctantly walked towards them. It took the two ghouls a moment to recognize him, and he then realized that he no longer had the coal black hair he was born with, and had grown a bit taller since the last time they had seen him. If not for his ghoul-enhanced hearing, he wouldn't have heard Touka's small gasp. Tsukiyama looked him up and down. He was quick to get up closed and personal, he perversely sniffed Kaneki's hair, and moaned. Out of reflex, Kaneki punched him in the gut. He got a slight glance at Touka's face, noting the look of absolute murder on her face. The frightening emotion quickly vanished as she let out a obnoxious laugh. Tsukiyama who was speechless.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

We had been waiting for almost an hour before Kaneki showed up, and she was about to rip Tsukiyama's fucking head off. He refused to talk about anything other than Kaneki, who she was rather pissed at. He had just up and got himself captured, and somehow escaped the brutal torture of Jason. Then he had the audacity to leave them for almost an entire year with no word to where he was or how he was, let alone alive. It had been a fucking nightmare trying to convince Hinami that he was okay. The son of a bitch was going to get a stern talking to. The moment she saw him, she almost didn't recognize him. His hair was a bit shorter than normal, and was pale white. He still wore his classic eyepatch, but the air around him had changed. This was no longer the same nerdy kid who she had shared time with, and he had grown a inch, now above her.

"Nice to see that you're alive, asshat" she grumbled, Kaneki's eyes widened slightly to her choice of words, but his eyes lit up with his smile.

"Nice to see you too, Touka." His voice had changed a bit, but it still had it's calm nature and was still as annoyingly kind as it was a year ago. A small pause occurred, so the trash decided to step in. Tsukiyama lunged to hug Kaneki, who swiftly dodged him.

"That wasn't very nice Kaneki Kuuuuuuuun" Tsukiyama groaned.

"Would you like to come inside for some coffee?" Kaneki asked, she nodded and Tsukiyama just smiled creepily.

The inside of the apartment was bigger than it looked, it was warm and comfortable. They sat at the kitchen table while Kaneki prepared the coffee. Touka peered around the open space noticing the several books stacked around the couch and the coffee table. The space was tidy, yet you could tell it was lived in. Some socks were on the floor near the TV, along with some slippers that were way too big to be Kaneki's, and then she noticed many things in the apartment were too big for the slim man. Kaneki handed them their mugs.

"Do you have a roommate?" she inquired, watching him choke a bit on his coffee.

"Actually, I live with my boyfriend." he said shyly His face blushed a terrible red, which contrasted greatly against his pale skin.

She stared at him for a second, before recovering. "What's he like?" she asked, genuinely interested. She had always pegged him as straight, but Bi or gay, it didn't matter.

"well, he's tall and very handsome. He is a big nerd and he likes to read, he's kind of perfect." Kaneki stated, his cheeks were heating up just thinking about Amon.

Toukas smiled at him, "what time does he get back from his work? I would like to meet him."

"Oh, he usually gets home around-" he was cut off by the sound of the front door opening. "now." he finished, his face was calm but he was screaming on the inside...

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Kaneki, i'm home, I finished a bit early today so I got sent home." Amon said as he took off his shoes, then he noticed two other pairs that were not his nor Kaneki's. "Do we have company?" he asked, walking up the stairs. The kitchen light was on, so he entered it. And was greeted by two ghouls in his kitchen.

"W-welcome home Amon" Kaneki stuttered, which was very unusual,

He responded with a ''Thank you" but was curious about  who Kaneki's house guests were. He peered over at them, they both had short purple hair, but different shades. Amon smiled and held out his hand to shake. The man in the obnoxious suit shook his hand,

"Nice to meet you, So you're my special Kaneki's boy toy hmm?" Tsukiyama purred, causing Amon to nervously chuckle and nod. The atmosphere became stiff and the air became heavy with dread. Tsukiyama noticed the change and quickly bid his farewell, leaving a small "good luck" as he scrambled out the door.

___________________________
Touka stared down the man with black hair, who called himself Kaneki's boyfriend. It had taken her a moment before she realized who he was. He killed Hinami's mother [1]

Hello! I haven't posted in a while because I kind of forgot about this, I have been a bit busy with my freshman year of high school, you can thank catgoesmeow00  for this chapter, she yelled at me to update, please enjoy and comment! The comments make me want to actually write, and they tell me to continue.

[1] Sorry I couldn't remember just name. Was it Mrs.Ryouko?

.