Chapter 3: Hunger Quenched and Conflicting Feelings

Amon thought about the possibilities... He could kil- no. Amon would not kill anyone. He didn't even know why he was willing to do this for the ghoul, even as cute as he was. He had just met him, but he felt like he would do anything for the white haired boy. At the same time, he felt like he was betraying every single person at the CCG by helping him. But he would help him, because he wanted too.

Kaneki was surprised the investigator cared this much about him, but he was sure he would just kill him in the end. So he needed to stay vigilant. He watched as the tall man paced back and forth In the living room. Suddenly Kaneki remembered something incredibly important and helpful, in fact he was surprised he hasn't thought of this before! I guess the immense hunger that he felt messed with his mind a bit. He hadn't eaten in about three months, only the little cubes of meat in his coffee. "Investigator-San," "I know where I can get food." "Where?" He asked, slightly suspicious. "If you drive me there, I can show you."

Amon had warning bells going off in his head. A place, with ghoul food (humans), that they, a human and a ghoul, were going to go to, alone. If that didn't alarm you, you should leave wherever you are, and return to pre-school. Amon stared at the ghoul, and asked him "do you promise you will not try to escape or something like that?" He asked, he was most likely going to regret this decision, but he stared into the grey eyes of the ghoul as he replied. "Yes, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die." The boy said, and Amon sighed. "Get ready, we're leaving in five." He said with a straight face.
Five minutes later, they left.
They drove in silence, Kaneki sat in the passenger side, acting as a GPS. After almost a half an hour, they came to a mountain side road, Amon parked the car. "You might want to stay here" Kaneki said. Amon knew he should listen to him, but he needed to know if he was actually going to eat, and this wasn't a ambush or anything. "No it's okay, I'll come," Amon Replied. The boy nodded. The two walked down the steep hill, and that's when Amon saw it. A man, dead on the ground, close to the side of the mountain that they had just driven over. "Suicide." The ghoul says to him, and he was relieved, he didn't have to witness a alive human being get torn to shreds and eaten. Although he knew this would still be gruesome, and feeling quite awkward, he turned around and walked up the hill, leaving the boy to eat.

Kaneki watched as the Investigator walked back up the hill. He was very grateful for this, he didn't want to eat. But he had too, to survive. Also, he decided he would eat humans. Because he is a ghoul, and his 'encounter' with Jason and Rize changed him. Though he would not kill any human being. He picked up an arm, and bit in. Suddenly Kaneki's kakugan blazed to life In his one eye, and his hunger washed over him. He ate, tearing and biting flesh, devouring the human. He realized he was full when he was crying. He started crying when he looked at the dead, mutilated corpse he had just feasted on.

Amon watched from above, although the boy was very small from up where Amon was, he could hear the sounds the ghoul's food made when he ate, they echoed into the night, letting Amon hear, but not see every detail. He stopped for a second when he heard crying. He quickly went to the car and grabbed the bag and knife he brought to um.... Take home some of the boy's food. He raced down the hill to see the ghoul crying. He runs over, avoiding the corpse, and hugs the boy, as he cries in his shoulder. "I-I ddon't like e-eating.." the ghoul said, and Amon wasn't very surprised (Jk he was very surprised, but he didn't show it) he knew the ghoul was different, and then he saw his kakugan. Only one eye. He quickly got over his surprise, and continued to hold the boy. "Shhh it's alright. You don't have to be upset. I'm here and I don't mind you being a ghoul. You are different, you are not a monster." Amon whispered to the ghoul, who slowly began to stop crying. He then noticed the bag in the man's hand. "What's that for?" He asked "unnm to take some food home. Don't feel guilty about this. You needed to eat. Now let's go home."
Kaneki stared at the man in awe, he was okay with him being a ghoul?! He smiled the biggest smile he could at the man, and the man's eyes widened. The man also blushed wildly and stuttered, "l-lets go. I got you some food"

Amon's heart had started beating at the speed of light when he saw the boy's smile aimed at him. He had felt his cheeks instantly flush, and hoped the boy didn't see. The two got into the car.

"Investigator-San," the ghoul asked, "what is your name?" "Amon. Amon Koutarou." Said investigator stated. "What's your's?" Amon asked, which the white haired boy answered with "Kaneki. Kaneki Ken" (1) "Well Kaneki, let's go home." Amon said and he nodded. Later in the car ride, the slightly blood covered Kanki was fast asleep on Amon's shoulder. Amon stared at him. "He's so adorable and innocent looking, even though He is a ghoul." Amon though. "He was in someway, compelled to do anything for Kaneki, and he had no idea why."

1. I'm pretty sure Kaneki's first name is Ken, but i never really learned if it was or not. But I'm going to have Amon address him as Kaneki, and that is how I will address him as well. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry for not updating, I was just never in the mood to write. 😅