Christmas Headcannon

As the couple's first Christmas had snuck up on the two, both had quite different emotions. Kaneki had never really enjoyed Christmas, due to his mother's overworking and abuse. Amon was positively ecstatic. After many failed attempts, It took two weeks, Amon had finally gotten Kaneki to be excited for Christmas. He even went the extra length, decorating the apartment and buying matching ugly sweaters.

The two ate a somewhat unfestive breakfast before deciding to open presents. Kaneki had some unseasoned meat, raw. Amon had some bland eggs, and home fries. He had gotten used to eating bland food, as to not upset Kaneki's stomach. Much to the younger man's  reassurance that it was okay. Amon refused to believe him, and cooked blandly anyway. They ate on holiday-decorated plates and drank from Christmas coffee mugs. Everything was just right, and the morning was prefect.

Amon had bought tons of presents for his boyfriend, all ranging from books to clothes and shoes. (Kaneki absolutely loved his new converse) and  had blushed when Amon had bought him underwear, and refused to look at him until he could put them out of sight.

Amon was overjoyed with the gifts Kaneki gave him, he received a few books of from his favorite book series. Amon's favorite gift, was a nice dress shirt. As soon as he opened them, he put the new clothing on. Amon looked expectantly at Kaneki, "How do I look?" Amon asked, the younger man just blushed and shyly replied with "you look very   handsome Amon." Six hugs and kisses later, the two were snuggled up on the couch. Festive coffee cups in hand, presents open, a Christmas movie on.

And as Kaneki fell asleep in Amon's arms, he caught himself thinking that maybe Christmas wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, and was looking forward to next year.

I just wanted to post a little chapter for the holidays! I hope you enjoy Christmas, or did enjoy it if you have already celebrated. Happy Hanukkah to everyone as well! Enjoy your winter break 😄