Chapter 6: The Visit

A few days passed and Kaneki was getting very tired of staying in the apartment. He had finished all of his books and his wounds were practically healed, but Amon hadn't asked about them, as if he didn't want him to get better. It was during breakfast that his trip would be foreshadowed. Kaneki was talking to Amon, as the two drank their coffee, Kaneki ate. It had taken him a long time to be comfortable eating around the investigator. He was slowly eating, having cut his meat into small cubes. His kakugan stared lazily at his plate. Amon put down the newspaper he had been reading, nothing in the paper was interesting to him. "You know it's weird," he said, "what?" Kaneki asked. "At work, some new kid has been trying to get information on you, well the eyepatch ghoul anyway" he stated, "what's his name?" Kaneki asked, "Something-yoshi Nagachika" He stared at Kaneki when he didn't say anything back. "Hide" Kaneki muttered. "Oh yeah, it's Hideyoshi Nagachika" there was a pause, "Amon-San I'm going out today, to visit someone" "okay, be careful. Do you need to borrow my train pass?" "Yeah."

That was how he ended up on the train, soon arriving at a train station near Hide's apartment. He had found out from Amon that he was off today, like the other investigators since they were doing repairs at the office. Kaneki was dressed in his red jacket, and some jeans as well as his eyepatch that he wore last time he left the apartment. They were starting to get winter weather and it was chilly. He got off the bus and slowly walked to Hide's. Twenty minutes later, he arrived at his destination. Kaneki didn't know why he was doing this. He didn't know if he could face Hide, especially after he hadn't talked to him in almost a year. He knocked three times, and he froze  as he heard footsteps. Suddenly the door was open. And there he stood. "Hide. You grew your hair out.." He said, "Yeah, I did." The orange haired angel responded. "Yo, Kaneki. Where have you been?" Hide asked and smiled. Kaneki was so happy he started crying a bit. "I was hurt Hide, but I'm better now." He sobbed quietly and Hide just pulled him in for a hug. "Come in, let's have some coffee." Hide said, and pulled his white-haired friend inside. Five minutes later, they sat on Hide's worn green couch, sipping hot coffee. "So, what's up Kaneki?" Hide asked, and Kaneki told him everything. About Rize, Anteiku, Nishiki, Tsukiyama, Jason, Aoigiri. Hide listened silently through the whole thing, slowly building up questions. Once Kaneki was done, he asked his questions. "Do you eat humans? What do they taste like? Can you eat other food? "That Tsukiyama guy tried to eat you, did you beat him up? Can I see your Kakugan? Or your Kagune!? Where did you get your mask? Where are you living right now? Are you dating anyone?" He rapid fired these out, and Kaneki, who was used to this answered. "Regrettably yes. To a ghoul they taste very good, like steak or lamb? I can but it tastes repulsive beyond belief. No I did not beat him up, he hasn't  tried to eat me since then. I'll show you later, I got my mask from a mask maker named Uta, he is also a ghoul. I'm living with a friend, you might know him." He said, "Who?" "Amon Koutarou" Hide looked shocked. "You, a half ghoul, is living with an investigator!?" "Yes, he is the one who saved me from Jason" Hide sat back, processing. But after about thirty or so seconds, he asked "so who are you dating then? Anyone? Maybe a tall, dark and handsome ghoul investigator?" Hide asked slyly. Kaneki blushed from ear to ear. "N-no! I'm not d-dating Amon-San!" He weakly exclaimed. "But he.. He is very handsome" he mumbled, Hide caught every word. "Ooooh does little Kankei have a little crush on Amon? The big bad investigator?" Kaneki glared at him before admitting defeat. "....Yes. I do" Kaneki stared at the ground. Hide knew from a very young age that Kaneki was Bi, having caught him looking at his fair share of both girls and boys. "It's okay Kaneki, I have a new goal now! Setting you up with Amon senpai!" He exclaimed, Kaneki just nodded. There was a awkward silence before Kaneki remembered what he came here to do, besides catch up. But he waited till after Hide had caught him up with what the orange haired boy had been up to. "Hide. I have a serious question to ask you." "Please. Leave the CCG. I'm begging you. You found me, you don't have to look anymore. I'm worried about you." He said, looking directly into Hide's brown eyes. "Three days. I will quit after that. I promise." Kaneki smiled. "Can I see your Kagune now!?" Hide asked jumping up and down like a excited puppy. Kaneki, knowing Hide would have to find a new job because of his question, felt guilty and happily complied. He pulled his shirty slightly up in the back, allowing his Kagune out without ruining his shirt, and took off his eyepatch. Hide got very close to one of the Ghoul's extra appendages, and was silent. Kaneki was about to say something when Hide squealed. "THATS SO COOL!" He yelled and Kaneki tried to shush him, but was unsuccessful. After twenty minutes of fan-boying later, Kaneki had to leave. He said his farewells and gave Hide a quick hug. He had Hide's new cellphone number, and planned on calling him frequently. What Kaneki didn't know was that the three days Hide had left of his job, he was going to be Kaneki's wing man. He was going to talk about Kaneki and drop some subtle  and some not-so subtle hints to Amon about the white haired Demi-ghoul. Kaneki didn't know what he was getting himself into.

<Authors Note>
I would like to reassure you and tell you that HIDE WILL NOT DIE! That is a promise! This story is different.
Also, the option that was picked was *drumroll* OPTION B! And I like this option better, I also think I did. Not explain Option A well because I was having trouble thinking it out. The story will be 1-2/3 more chapters until the final will start, I have to further the relationship between Amon and Kaneki, and feature the Anteiku crew, as well as Wing man Hide. So please, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and look forward to more!
-BlackHairedKaneki