Chapter 8: Unexpected Ecounters

They had noticed. The changes in mood, attitude, energy. Even his lunch. Amon had a girlfriend. He was always seen texting someone when he was on his coffee breaks, then smiling after he shuts his phone. He was always content, almost cheerful everyday, and worked hard so he could leave early. His lunch, was now always homemade and nutritious. It was packed in a nice bento box, and wrapped with a cloth like a school boy's lunch. Made with love. They had to squeeze information about his girl out of Amon. It had been going on for a few weeks now. Even if it took them forever, they would know more about her. Even if it was the last thing they ever did. Well, that's how Shinohara felt, Akira didn't care that much. Just kidding. Akira was secretly livid because Amon had rejected her, and only a few months later had a girlfriend. As petty as it made her feel, she tried not to get too angry. Amon was a nice catch. He was smart, had a good job, good morals, treated women equally, was caring and considerate, and he was hot. (He is also a dork, he enjoys reading manga, fiction novels, and obsessing over Marvel movies. Only Kaneki knows that though) Amon wasn't someone you simply 'let go of'. So they decided to snoop. The two investigators waited through the the days, waiting for the right moment. Shinohara was tired of waiting. He had a feeling though. Today would be the day. And it was.

"Hey," Amon said, a voice could be heard faintly near his head. "I'm good. I just wanted to let you know, I have to stop a couple of places. I will be passing the bookstore, are there any books you need?" More chatter, and Amon nodded, almost as if he was talking to her in person. "Ok. Got it. I'll see you later for dinner. bye." Amon quickly scribbled down four book names, packed up his stuff, and was out the door.

The two mischievous investigators grinned evilly, Amon didn't bring his keys. They were left on his desk, hidden behind one of the many coffee cups the man had on his desk. Akira slunk over and quickly snatched them up. "It's time to take a little visit." Akira stated. Shinohara smirked, and they too left the CCG building, quinques in hand. It was beginning to be more dangerous at night, there were far more ghoul attacks recently. You could never be so careful. Amon knew as well, and didn't leave without his weapon.

Twenty minutes later, the investigators were at Amon's apartment. They strolled up the stairs, an sneakily opened the door. They would get to the bottom of this, scope out his house and see if anything of his girlfriend's was left out.

Kaneki was making dinner tonight. It was him and Amon's one month anniversary. Amon insisted they have a nice dinner, because when Kaneki told him how his date went with Rize..... he was feeling murderous. Even though she was dead, Amon was still furious. The thought of Amon beating up Rize was a great picture in his mind. Back to the dinner plans, he knew Amon would be back in about two hours, he had plenty of time. Amon and him were having pork, mashed potatoes, asparagus and red wine.
Well, that was Amon was having. Equipped with his special nose plugs and an apron. Kaneki set to cooking the meat. Humming along as he did so, he glances at the cook book, carefully measuring the spices required to season the meat, and delicately placed it in the oven. Kaneki had been a good cook when he was still 100% human. Now he has resorted to following the cookbook like it was his lifeline. He didn't want Amon's nice home cooked meal to taste like trash. He had started to chop the asparagus when he heard the door opening. "Amon, I thought you weren't going to be back for a...." he trailed off when he noticed the person in the apartment was not his handsome boyfriend. "W-who are you!?" He exclaimed, if they were enemies he wouldn't even think before striking them down. If they were trying to hurt Amon, one of the only people to show him kindness, he would kill them on the spot. He was stronger than ever since he was eating a proper meal everyday.

Shinohara was shocked. No, not shocked. Dumbfounded. Not only was there a white-haired boy in his co-worker's kitchen, but the boy was cooking. A nice meal. For himself and Amon. Most likely a romantic dinner. He was not expecting that. But the fact that he was here was even more awkward when you considered the fact that the two investigators had 'broken into' Amon's house, to spy on his personal life. What did he get himself into?

Akira Mado had long ago acknowledged the fact that there were things she did not know, and that there were things that she would never learn. Finding out Amon Koutarou was gay was definitely on the second list. But now that she had, they needed an excuse to enter the apartment, because they weren't expecting anyone in the moderately-sized apartment when they snuck themselves in. She quickly rattled off an excuse. Something along the lines of "Amon left his keys, and we assumed he didn't have a spare key. Oh and there's some paperwork he needs to fill out for monday" she stated confidently yet nonchalantly to the confused and slightly concerned boy. Oops. They forgot to introduce themselves. "Oh I'm sorry, where are my manners. I'm Akira Mado, CCG Investigator. And this is Yukinori Shinohara." There was a brief moment of silence, emotion passed quickly over the young man's face, but was just as quickly replaced with a small, warm smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kaneki Ken." He said and they nodded. The tension of awkwardness was outrageous, and to fill the gap, Shinohara suddenly blurted, "Are you Amon's boyfriend!?"

Oh. It's that obvious huh?

Kaneki blushed, as they expected he would. "Y-yes I am."

Akira could not believe it. Amon. Very tall, muscular Amon. Manly Amon Koutarou was dating a scrawny boy that looked no older than 18. But the boy was cooking, cooking for Amon. The man who, as far as she could tell, was head over heels for the boy. As jealous as she was, she couldn't hate the white haired boy for stealing something she could not. Amon's heart was hard to steal, this boy must be one hell of a thief.

Shinohara was not surprised. Well, scratch that he was surprised. In all his years working with Amon, he never pegged him as gay. Or Bi anyway. It's not like it mattered though. He was just expecting someone with... a bit more meat on their bones. The boy in the apron was tiny, seemingly unthreatening. But so was his partner, Juuzou. They both shared similar qualities, such as white hair, a non threatening look, scrawny build and piercing eyes. But unlike juuzou's insane gleam in his eyes, Kaneki had a almost guarded  look about him, but it was such a minuscule amount that if you didn't look closely you would miss it. He couldn't tell why, but besides Kaneki's warm personality there was something else there, hidden.

Oh god.         They figured him out. Stupid investigators and their hunches. They should have left by now, but he was trying to seem trustworthy. They couldn't find out he was the eyepatch ghoul. Thank every deity in the world  that he had thought to hide his mask in his room, rather than leave it where anyone could see it. But they wouldn't be able to tell anyways. He wasn't wearing an eyepatch, nor was his hair black. But all things considered he still asked them to stay for some coffee before they left. The moment he had seen them, he was spooked. They had the normal CCG investigator attire, coupled with a 'I could hurt you easily, so step down to me you foolish mortal' attitude. When they had introduced themselves, the female investigator's name stood out. Mado. The same last name of the investigator that killed Hinami's mother. Based on how she looked so similar, they were related somehow. His rage and bloodlust was quickly diminished as  he realized he would have to keep his calm or Amon would come home to either his boyfriend dead, or his co-workers slaughtered in their living room.

Helllooooooooo
It's me
I finally updated

Sorry for being weird. I hope you all liked this chapter, and after two moths of procrastination, anxiety and school work, chapter 8 is finally done! All thanks to catgoesmeow00 who told me to stop being a terrible person and publish this. I also started high-school in between this chapter and the last, and I have been a bit busy with that. Thank for understanding. Leave a comment and Vote for this chapter if you want me to update soon.

-BlackHairedKaneki