Epilogue

'After feminism, I suddenly realized: not everyone has to live the same way. Imagine that!'

-Gloria Steinem

 18 Months Later

June's stomach seemed to be doing backflips. She sat in front of the small mirror biting her lip as Camille pinned the last bits of hair back.

"You look lovely, almost done," Bess said and placed the garland of Dog Roses and Water Violets on June's hair. June smiled nervously and stood up, holding the chair back tightly.

She hadn't seen her family since the funeral of her father and now that they were out in the church, she almost regretted inviting them.

"Do I look alright?" She asked Camille who nodded.

"Yes, you look lovely," she said and Bess confirmed the fact.

"Come now, Timothy's waiting.

June had asked Timothy to walk her down the aisle and he had agreed, delighted. He was know waiting for her, looking very fine in a dark red cravat and new silk waistcoat. He beamed at her and offered her his arm as the great doors opened.

As June walked down the aisle she saw her family sitting near the front. Her mother still wore clothes of mourning and she seemed to have aged years. Her face was more heavily lined and her hair was pulled back severely. Beside her Olivia stood with a good looking fellow. They were holding hands and June spotted a ring on each of their hands. She couldn't help but feel a little hurt they hadn't invited her to the wedding. Phillip and Ada were there and to June's delight she saw a baby in Ada's arms. Henrietta and Sir John were in attendance, Henrietta looking happier than June had ever seen her.

The most shocking however, was that Lord Graham and Ann O'Connor were seated next to Henrietta and Ann smiled brightly when she saw June.

They had reached the altar now and Timothy squeezed her hand, stepping back.

Theodore looked at June, smiling broadly. They had traveled for a bit, visiting his father (who was poorly and couldn't attend the wedding,) and two months ago he had asked her to marry him. She had said yes, almost without needing to think about it, and here they were.

Of course the past 18 months hadn't been perfect, with June yelling at him, telling him that he never took anything seriously and that she had have a mind to return to her mother. Another time he yelled at her for being snobby and looking down on everyone and acting like the aristocrat she'd always be. She'd thrown a vase at his head then, and stormed out of the room, screaming profanities as she left.

It had been glorious.

Now they were here, getting married at last. June looked lovely he thought, with a long white satin and lace dress. The sleeves were short and embroidered with little pearls. She smiled at him as they stood up at the altar, side by side.

The ceremony passed and soon they were in the carriage on the way to the house where a select few would join them in the wedding breakfast.

"Are you happy, Mrs. Wilder?" Theodore as they drove down the road, the pots and pans clanking noisily behind them. "Are you sure you don't want to go back and become 'Lady so-and-so?"

"Absolutely not, who do you take me for? I am more than happy, ecstatic to the point of not being able to find the right word for it."

"I am glad to hear it."