Chapter 14

*** Sorry, I had so much going on. So I don't like this chapter, but I thought I'd give you something till the next time I update. :) ***

Nathan slid the dainty ring on my finger. Fake marriage? Not really my thing. Why did we have to fake it? First it will be fake, then it will eventually become be real. I stared at Nathan, stunned.

" C'mon you're going to stay here, while I check things out." Nathan said pulling me downstairs.

" What, No, I said

Nathan turned around.

" This not up for discussion." Nathan smiled

I frowned

" Hey Scott, hey London." Nathan said right as they walked in

Scott was a blonde haired, green eyed and tall man, 5'11 .I never realized how cute London was. London has short spiky brown hair, pastel blue eyes, and is 5'10.

Nathan started walking towards the door that was still open.

" Nathan please don't, what if it's really dangerous?" I asked worried

" Baby I'm just going to check it out. Its fine." Nathan chuckled

Nathan and London walked out the door. Still leaving it open, they checked the surroundings. London transformed and ran deeper into the forest. I don't think I'm ever going to get used to the fact that these men were half human, half animal.

" Anyways It's nice to meet you Jamie." The blonde haired man named Scott smiled

I turned to face him and put out my hand.

" Nice to meet you too." I said

" Wow you're so pretty, stunning really" Scott winked, laughing

" Um thank you." I said

Don't get me wrong, I love compliments however this compliment made me feel uncomfortable. One because it wasn't Nathan giving it to me, two, Scott winked when he said it.

*Bang*

Another shot was fired, London's wolf ran towards us. Changing back into human form, London collapsed to the hard ground, breathing heavily. He was wounded. I walked forward but Nathan stopped me.

Nathan picked up London and carried him inside. His shirt was soaked in blood and sweat. London was shot twice, once in his shoulder blade and once in his side. The bullet shot through, puncturing the skin. His teeth were clenched as he tried to hold back his pain.

" Who shot you? Nathan asked

" I don't know, he was hidden" London said

London yelled out in pain as he was lowered onto the couch. I glanced at Scott, he was pale and slightly shaking. Scott immediately rushed to London when he screamed again. Nathan took out his pocket knife and cut London's shirt, taking it off. London's wound, in his shoulder blade was deep. Nathan moved the tools around until he found the tweezers.

" No no. Don't you fucking touch me with that." London yelled

" Stop it" Nathan said

" No, fuck that. Get away from me."

" London" Scott yelled

London froze, looked at Scott, and calmed down. Nathan took that moment to insert the tweezers into his wound, wiggling it around until he found the bullet. London yelled as the pain increased.

" Got it, this may hurt." Nathan said

London tightly shut his eyes together. In one quick motion Nathan pulled the bullet out. London's eyes shot open but he didn't say anything. I'm guessing he was in shock of how much pain that was. London let out an unexpected scream as I saw Nathan took out the other bullet in London's side.

There was an awkward silence. I looked down at London, noticing that the skin that had been punctured had completely disappeared. Not even the slightest red mark. What the hell?Out of nowhere my cellphone began to ring. It was an unknown number. Nathan grabs it out of my hand, places it on speaker, answering it.

" I hope you realize that this is your first warning. Who knows who else might get hurt. Her grandmother has already suffered enough, we don't want others to have to. Give me Jamie and I promise nothing else will happen." Said an unfamiliar voice

I was scared. Who was that? Why did he want me? What would he do when he gets me? Was he the one who murdered my grandma. Fear spread through my body making numb and uncomfortable. I had so many terrified questions to ask but didn't want the wrong answers to.

" Listen whoever you are, you're messing with the wrong person. I don't take orders.. I give them. You-

" Ha you think you scare me? You don't. I expect you to hand her over and if not I'll take her" He laughed

The call ended. My whole body was in panic mode. I began to nervously play with my hair. I wouldn't let myself cry, even though I wanted to. I was starting to feel dizzy as the last words I heard were my name.

***

I jolted up from a bed. Nathan's arm was wrapped tightly around my waist. I really prayed that phone call was a dream but I knew it wasn't. I began breathing heavily.

" Shhh baby, it's okay." Nathan said

I relaxed a bit and laid back down.
Nathan scooted closer to me, laying his head in the crook of my neck, breathing in my scent. Nathan was watching me as I breathed less and less. Nathan sat up, looking at me.

" It's okay Jamie, I will never ever let anyone hurt you. I will make it my job to keep you safe."

God dammit, he's the death of me.
I crashed my lips onto his, wrapping my arms around him. Nathan never hesitated to kiss me back. My legs wrapped around his waist while his manhood was rubbing up against my core.

Nathan grabbed my hand, I looked at him in surprise as we stopped kissing.

" Take this ring as a symbol that I love you, and will marry you for real in a few months after graduation." Nathan said while shaking.