Chapter ten || We'll be okay

Noah's PoV
"I think we need to talk..."
I say mumbling into her hair. I hesitantly stroke at her hands which are resting on her stomach. I can't believe she is pregnant. We never planned on having another baby....but I wouldn't be too disappointed if we did. Why am I saying 'if'?! Of course she's pregnant! I saw the test. She nervously nods her head before taking her hands of her stomach
"Okay..."
She replies quietly. She turns around in my arms to face me, so my hands now rested on her lower back. She kept her eyes facing the ground but I could already see the tears dripping down her cheeks. Why is she crying? Is she happy? Sad? Oh how I hate seeing people cry!
"Oh Ritchie..."
I lifted her chin up with one of my fingers so I could see her face. The tears were more evident now. Racing down her cheeks like they were in a race. Her makeup was completely ruined. The little mascara left clinging to her eyelashes was determined. Her cute button nose was pure red and almost looked sore to the touch. All in all she looked trained. Tired. Scared. And probably so fuelled on hormones that it overrode any of her other senses.  But...she was still perfect. Still my Richelle! My beautiful fiancé! I moved the finger rested on her chin to cup her face, slighting stroking her cheek with my thumb.
"Hey! Don't cry! It's okay, we'll be okay"
I said softly giving her a smile of reassurance. She hiccuped slightly before pulling her hands up from her sides to clutch at my shirt. I watched as her knuckles turned white from the iron tight grip she had. I immediately pulled her into a hug, stroking her back to comfort her. She burrowed her head into my chest.
"Oh Noah! How are we going to cope? A baby. A baby Noah! This is going to change everything! We will no longer be a family of three. There'll be a new member. And what about Sophia! What if she gets jealous and starts acting up because she is not getting the right amount of attention? She may feel neglected and resent the baby. And what about your mum? She brought us into her home out of the kindness of her heart and we betrayed her by having sex and getting pregnant under her roof. She'll hate me. She'll never trust me again. And another thing we'll have to postpone the wedding and...and you probably....hate me. You probably didn't want another baby, you'll leave me and -"
I grip the back of her head, pressing her tightly against my chest, cutting her off mid sentence. How could she believe I would leave her? Actually more importantly...why did she believe I would hate the baby? I feel her hot breath against my shirt and she is slightly tense. I lean down and kiss her on the forehead gently.
"Shush! Ritchie...."
I say softly beside her ear.
"Do you honestly believe that?..."
I wait nervously for her answer. After a few tense moments she nods her head, no. I silently let out a breath of relief.
"See! You don't believe I would leave you. You know how much I love you. This is just the hormones talking."
I stroke her hair from the roots to the tips.
"Sophia is going to love every moment of being a big sister. She is every inch like you. She loves bossing people about"
I say with a giggle. I feel her laugh into my chest, her body moving up and down.
"And my mother...well I can picture it now. Three hours of constant crying of joy and pestering us on whether we think it's a boy or a girl and when we should have the frigging baby shower-that is if you want one?"
I loosen my grip on her head and waist, allowing her to move backwards and stare at me. I look deeply into her eyes.
"You missed one thing out of your little rant, you know?"
I say to her with a smile. She furrows her eyebrows in confusion.
"What's that?"
She says, her voice cracking a little. I move my hands so that they rest on her stomach.
"That this little baby is a Nochelle baby. A creation of Noah and Richelle. Two people who love each other deeply and would do anything for each other. Meaning...this baby is going to be the luckiest person on the planet having us as parents. I love you Ritchie..."
I say with a smile. I meant every single word. I love Richelle. She is my world, meaning this baby is my world now also. I look into her eyes only to see them pooling with tears again.
"Hey now! Don't cry! I don't know how many tears you have left after all the crying you've done today. You'v got to save some atleast for when I do something insanely cute.."
I say jokingly. She giggles and looks down at my hands on her stomach. She placed hers on top of mine before sighing gently. After a few minutes she looks back up into my eyes.
"I love you too Noah!"
She says softly. Good! I can feel a big smile stretching on my face. I lean down before gently kissing her on the lips. Her lips are salty from where the tears had leaked down her face. We let go after a few minutes and just continued to stare into each other's eyes.
"We should umm probably head back. The others will be getting worried"
I reply quietly, not really wanting to go.
She nodded her head slowly before gripping tightly onto my hands. As always they were soft against my rough ones. As we move hesitantly out of the music room, I can't help but think about how much of a day this was. Never did I ever believe I would be facing that positive pregnancy test when I woke up this morning. I don't mind though. I feel Richelle's grip get tighter.
"Umm I think I should go clean up first. I probably look awful after all the crying I did...can we go to the bathroom first. Ya know, so I don't scare anyone. Although if anyone did say anything I could just kic-"
"No Richelle!"
I exclaim forcefully.
"Oh fine..."
She replies sadly. Ahh the hormones are kicking in. Probably best not to argue with her. Don't want to end up like last time. I cringe at the thought. Don't ask..

So here you go guys 😘 another chapter. Sorry it was probably really sappy and cringe worthy. Also I have nearly hit 2k views and 50 followers. Whoop whoop! Thank you