Chapter fourteen || Nancy!

Noah's PoV
"IS EVERYONE OKAY?!"
Shit! Mum. I quickly took my lips from Richelle's knee, bouncing up so my back was flat against the side of the bed and I was side by side with Richelle. I could still feel the tingling of her soft skin against my lips. I could feel something boiling inside...
"What happened? I heard a bang!"
Yelled mum concerned as she came tumbling around the corner. She stopped short, her eyes wide with curiosity as she saw me and Richelle on the floor. I watched as she glanced over the scene in front of her patiently, when her eyes met with Richelle's slightly red knee, she gasped.
"Oh darling...what happened?"
She asked softly, her eyebrows furrowed. I looked over to Richelle only to see she had frozen. She sat completely still, her eyes glued wide to Nancy. What's up with her? I hesitantly took a hold of her hand, rubbing it with the palm of my thumb.
"Ritchie..."
I mumbled close to her ear, my lips grazing over her smooth skin.
"Sweetie..."
I said once more. I felt her tightly squeeze the hand which was clasped to hers as she blinked softly, turning her head to me. Her mouth was agape slightly and she stared at me with her soft green eyes. Was....was she frightened?Frightened of what? Telling my mum? I already told her back in the studio that Nancy would love the baby. I quickly grabbed her into a hug, pressing her head against my chest. I stroked down her back to comfort her.
"Noah? Is she okay?.."
Asked my mother worried. She knelt down on the floor beside us and softly rubbed Richelle's arm. I felt her tense up at the small action.
"Shush...its alright. Just remember what I told you at the studio..she's not going to be mad.."
I mumbled softly in her ear, completely ignoring my mums question.
"Noah! Tell me what's wrong?!"
Said my mum persistently, getting slightly tired of being ignored. I felt Richelle's tears soak my shirt, damping the skin underneath. Poor Ritchie. She's terrified of what mum might think of her.
"Noah! You tell me what's wrong right now! Before I swear to god, I do something I may...oh"
What? What did she mean 'oh'? Only a second ago she was threatening me. I looked towards her, only to see her face had painted itself with realisation. Surely she hadn't guessed, had she? She looked hesitantly towards Richelle, her eyes glancing down from her pale face towards her...yep! She had an idea of what was up! For there she was staring intently at Richelle's flat stomach. I watched as her eyebrows furrowed in realisation, her mouth opening slightly.
"Oh"
She whispered to herself in disbelief. Shit! This was not the way I wanted her to find out. I tightened my grip on Richelle, softly kissing the top of her head as I felt her hiccup.
"How...how did I not realise sooner?.."
Said mum softly, rubbing her hand up her forehead and through her hair. She looked away from us to stare at a picture in the distance, obviously deep in thought. She's upset. I can tell. The way she is sitting with her hands clutched together playing with her old wedding ring. I don't really know why she keeps it on-her and dad are divorced and have been for over three years now. Her hair is tousled and played with, her eyes distant and sad. What have I done? I have made the two of the most important people in my life either upset or scared. I feel Richelle shuffle slightly to get in a better position. She has opened her eyes now and was now staring at Nancy with watery eyes.
"I am so sorry..."
Mumbled Richelle hoarsely, her voice cracking at the end. Oh Ritchie. You're okay..I'll protect you. I promise..
"Really I am.."
She said tiredly, a single tear rolling down her cheek. I pulled her against my chest, placing at hand on her cheek and rubbing the soft skin. Mum? Say something please..
     I looked over to her sadly. This is not how I thought she would react. I thought she would be happy...not upset. I watched as she closed her eyes tightly, bringing her hands up to her chest.
"I'm not mad..."
She says softly, her eyes still shut. She's not?
"I'm upset.."
Oh god! I knew it! I freaking knew it! I clutched to Richelle tighter, holding a hand over her ears.  I watched as mum turned to me, opening her eyes and staring at me gently. She glanced her eyes sympathetically over the situation before her. Me and Richelle bundled together at the bottom of the bed, arms around each other tightly.
"I'm upset Noah...at myself"
She says giving me a weak smile. Wait, what? I hesitantly release my grip, taking my hand away from Richelle's ear. I watch as Richelle hesitantly lifts her head to stare at her. When she sees us staring at her with a confused expression she starts again.
"I'm upset that I didn't notice sooner."
She says letting out a sigh.
"I'm your mother Noah and probably the best thing to a mother Richelle has. I should have noticed the signs; the crying over cute things you saw on tv-"
She says indicating over to Richelle with a smile. I can't help but let out a little laugh. Yeah I remember that night! Took me ages to find the correct ice cream she was looking.
"-the vomiting, I'm guessing morning sickness-"
She asks politely. I nod my head weakly, confirming her guess.
"-the fainting this morning. The terrible mood swings. And of course the fact that I have been leaving you two alone for some nights while I had to go to work. And the interesting things I've been hearing from the neighbours..."
She says with a slight laugh. I can feel feel my cheeks start to heat up in embarrassment. The neighbours heard me and Richelle's nightly activities. How? We were being super quiet so that Sophia didn't wake up.
"Yes...they heard Noah!"
Said mum, her eyes glistening. How does she do that? Become so increasingly happy after being upset. I feel Richelle let out a moan of embarrassment, as she burrows her head into my shoulder. My girl.
"I should have expected a new grandchild sometime in the future...although I didn't think it would be this soon..."
She says warmly. So? She's not upset...
"Does this mean you are okay with all this? Richelle being pregnant I mean.."
I ask hesitantly. As I await for her answer, I feel Richelle lift her head from my shoulder, positioning herself so that she could see Nancy. Her eyes held a hint of curiosity, obviously excited to find out what she might say.
"Yes...yeah it does! I will always be okay with me gaining an extra grandchild or two..now give me a hug!"
She say extending her arms in front of her, moving forward slightly. I happily accept her hug, wrapping an arm around her waist and another around Richelle. Two? Is she hoping for twins? How would we cope with two babies? Ugh. I can already imagine the carnage. I shouldn't be thinking like that...its highly unlikely anyway.
     I'm so happy that mum knows about the baby, it's definitely a huge wait of my shoulders and Richelle's. I can't wait to see what might happen next...

Yeah I know...crappy ending. Sorry about that, but it is late and I wanted to get the chapter uploaded 🙄☺️