Chapter eleven || Sophia!

Sorry guys for not updating in awhile

Riley's PoV
Its been a while since Noah and Richelle left the studio and in that time I had been worrying out of my mind.
"Auntie Ri.."
I quickly turn my head to the voice-coming face to face with a little blonde. Sophia! Her hair is bright and curly, falling in front of her face every few minutes. I really should buy her a hairband for her birthday. She looks up at me with her bright green eyes. The remnants of her strawberry milkshake still left on her upper lip and chin. Awe! She is too cute.
"Auntie Ri? Where's mummy?"
She asks innocently, gripping to the sleeve of my shirt. Oh Sophia! She must be so confused right now. I cautiously lifted her up and placed her on my knee, keeping a tight grip on her waist. I pulled a piece of her hair behind her ear.
"Mummy....well mummy is with daddy-talking"
She looks up at me with wide eyes and pouted lips.
"Is it about...me?"
She asked quietly, burrowing her head into my shirt. Oh god! She thinks it's about her. Well I suppose it is...sort of. Come to think of it, what is she supposed to think? Can she really be wrong for believing they were talking about her, when Richelle practically ran out of the room in a flood of tears? I stroke her hair and rock back and forth.
"Shhh...no...no of course not!"
I say into her ear. She digs her head into my chest and grips tightly to the fabric of my shirt.
Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. I tense up and tighten my hold on Sophia. I look up nervously, only to be blinded by a vibrant pink. After a few minutes, I understand that the pink is nail polish, and the hand in fact belongs to a girl. I slowly drag my eyes from the hand, up the arm until I am face to face with the beholder. I let out a sigh of relief. Phew! It's only Emily! She crouches down and sits on the bench beside me, casually stroking Sophia's arm up and down. After a few moments she looks up at me concerned before mouthing
"What's wrong?"
I looked down at Sophia before dragging my eyes up towards her. I hesitantly bring my hand up towards her ear so she can't hear what I'm about to say, casually hiding it by stroking her hair.
"She..."
I stumble and pause.
"She thinks that...well that Richelle and Noah are mad at her because...because they ran out of the room crying."
Emily quickly brings her hands up to her mouth in shock before looking sadly at the little bundle in my arms.
"Oh how could she think that?"
Said Emily concerned. I don't know! Anybody can see that Noah and Richelle love Sophia to the moon and back. Heck! Anybody can see that Noah and Richelle would do anything for her. I suppose she is only three. She doesn't know any better!
"She is only young! She doesn't see the bigger picture. All she sees is her mummy and daddy fighting with each other."
Although I had been covering her ears, Sophia must have heard what I said. She quickly jumped up, lifting her head from my chest, looking at my with wide sad eyes.
"Mum-mummy and dad-daddy were fighting..."
She asked sniffling. I saw her eyes start to fill with tears. Oh no Sophia! I gripped on tighter to her waist.
"Is..is that why mum-mummy was angry with me..."
What? I looked at her with a confused gaze before turning to look at Emily. She just stared back at me with the same expression. Richelle got mad at her? I saw a few tears start to drop down her chubby cheeks, so I wiped them of with the pad of my thumb. I need answers.
"When did mummy get angry with you sweetie?"
I asked calmly, pulling another piece of falling hair behind her ear. She sniffled, turning to look at me with her bright green eyes.
"In the car....I had one of her lipsticks...bu-but I didn't mean to take it.."
She cried out.
"I just wanted to be like mummy.."
Oh how did I forget? Richelle told me about that incident. She didn't mean to do it. Her hormones were all over the place. A look of realisation came upon our faces as we heard what Sophia said.  I pulled her into a hug, stroking her back up and down.
    I suddenly heard the door to the studio opening once more. I quickly turned my gaze to it, only to see Noah and Richelle walking through. Their hands were clasped together tightly and Richelle's face was bare and clean of tear streaks and mascara. All was silent as they walked through the doors and into the middle of the studio. However they did not stop like I thought they would. In fact they kept walking until they were standing directly in front of us. They both looked down at me sorrowfully before turning their gaze to the little bundle in my arms. Noah leant down before mumbling.
"Sophia...monkey...daddy's here"
I watched as Sophia moved a little at the sound of her fathers voice before lifting her head up from my chest. She turned to face him with her eyes puffy from when she had been crying. Noah's face turned sad at the picture of his daughter crying.
"Oh monkey...come here..."
He said, extending his arms wide out in front of him. After a few moments of hesitation Sophia jumped out of my arms and into her fathers. She burrowed her head into his shoulder and wrapped her tiny legs around his waist, clutching tightly to his shirt. Noah ran his hand down her hair before whispering.
"Shush...it's okay! Daddy's here now.."
I know this is not the right time to say this but...that was adorable! But there's something missing...Richelle! I turned my gaze towards her. She was staring down at the scene with adoration and a little bit of sadness. She quickly dropped down on her knees beside them and wrapped an arm around both of them. At the new sensation, Sophia quickly turned her head up to look at her.
"Mummy..."
She said softly. Richelle nodded her head before leaning down and kissing her cheek.  Sophia jumped from Noah over to Richelle, giving her a hug. Awe! Well I'm glad they made up! I watched as Noah put his arm around his girls, kissing them both on the head. Like I said...Noah and Richelle would do anything for Sophia.
They are the perfect family!

I hope you enjoy 😘