Chapter 5: A Blast to The Ball

"Hey Dad! Can I get a ride to a friend's party today?" I asked kindly.

"Sure. Bud. Let's go!" He said getting the keys.

"Oh! Can you also pick up Kate on the way there?"

"I knew it!"

"Knew what dad?"

"You like that girl."

"Oh, no. Dad, she's just my friend."

"Whatever you say." He said winking at me then giggling.

That was embarrassing. My dad is one of those dads that tries to act cool and be hip. I love him for doing it, because it keeps my life interesting. But at times, it is just unnecessary. But that's my dad, and also Kate's dad too. One thing we have in common.

"Come dad, we are going to be late." I said rushing out of the door in fears of him giving me "The Talk" again.

We got into the car and we drive to Kate's House. But while we were in the car:

"Now, son. If you ever try to have sex with a girl, always use a condom. No matter what. You don't want to get a girl pregnant." He explained to me.

I was on the verge of jumping out the car, and falling into oncoming traffic. In a pursuit to stop him from talking I decided to turn on the radio.

"I just had sex / And it felt so good (Felt so good) / A woman let me put / My penis inside of her" the radio played.

You have got to be kidding me. Out of all the songs in the world, they had to play this one at this one moment. I just made it even more awkwarder. Thank you Mr. Universe.

Luckily, the song ended by the time we made it to Kate's place. We arrived at Kate's place and we continued on our way to Piper's party. We arrived at the party, and Kate and I jumped out of the car and admired Piper's house. It was very Zen Influenced.

Just when we were about to enter, my dad yells, "Remember, use a condom, son! That is my son

Just when we were about to enter, my dad yells, "Remember, use a condom, son! That is my son." With that he drove away, leaving Kate and me in the center attention of guests. I was so embarrassed.

"Can I say something?" Asked Kate.

"Sure. Nothing else can go wrong? Am I right?" I replied with a tone of slight glee and sarcasm.

"I guess you're right."

"Come on. Let's go." I told her walking into the house.