Chapter 6: Taking the Truth

After five minutes in the shower, I had the greatest idea ever! Kate was there at the party with me! I have to go to her! I jumped out the shower, put on a pair of clothes, and went to Kate's house.

"Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" I yelled running out of the house.

"You better be home by 8:00 PM, or else your in trouble Mister!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Of course Mom!" With that I exited the house, and made a beeline to Kate's place. In a matter of ten minutes, I was at Kate's front door apartment.

Ding Dong!

"A minute!" Yelled Kate from inside. Kate then came to the door, and opened it. "Jax? What are you doing at my apartment so early in the morning?"

"Big, big deal! We need to talk." I panicked rushing into her apartment.

"What's up, Jax?" She asked in concern.

"Hi, Mr. Cucumber!" I yelled with enthusiasm.

"Jax, my man. What's up!"

"Nothing, much. Just needed to talk to Kate, that's all."

"Of course. Have fun you two," he told us while watching the TV.

Kate and I entered her bedroom; a room filled with a dark shade of yellow (pastel almost), and many different posters of various alternative bands. She had posters from 5 Seconds of Summer to Halsey. But I couldn't think about the posters until I figured out what really happened at last night's party.

"Kate, what happened at last night's party?" I asked her.

"Umm...Ooo, look at my lamp. It really new." She told me avoiding the question.

"Kate, what actually happened?" I told her locking my eyes into hers.

"Fine. You were bound to found out eventually," she told me looking at the ground, "At Cameron's party, they had drugs."

Drugs?!

"Some of them was illegal. Well, Cameron was playing truth and dare with his friends. I just happened to be there talking to Piper. I really wish I didn't hear this, but they dared him to have sex with a guy. Any guy. Poor Cameron didn't know what guy to choose. They decided to pick you."

"Why me, out of all the people?" I asked her.

"To be fair, you were bumping into everything at the party. When they chose you, you had tripped on a banana peel, slid towards a waitress, knocked her down, and then fell into the pool."

"Oh, yeah. Then I yelled, "I'm okay!" before getting out of the pool." I continued.

"He had no choice, but to do it with you."

"Wait, a second. He did have a choice. Everyone has a choice to say 'No'" I retorted, "Why didn't he say no?"

"That is a good question. But continuing the story, I tried to tell you, but then his friends starting to harass me." She started to tear up.

"Kate. OMG, I'm so sorry." I hugged her in concern. If I see another one of those guys, it's going to be the end of the world for them. "What happened? I swear the next guy I see, I'll personally punch them in the face for you."

"With your noodle arms?" She said jokingly.

"Hey, they are strong noodle arms." I said hugging her, "It's going to be okay."

"I know. Luckily, Piper stepped in to help me."

"Piper is awesome." I told Kate and I can't believed I repay her friendship by cheating with her boyfriend.

"Piper yelled, "Stop it! What is wrong with you! Come on Kate, let's go clean you up. You are lucky I don't call the cops on you guys first." She helped me to the restroom, but I was too late to help you," she regrettably told me, "By the time I had arrived at his room, I could tell he had already done it."

"Wow, I don't believe it." I said in response, "You heard him moan?"

"Umm, that was not the reaction I was expecting," she said in confusion.

"Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm pissed off and angry that this happened to me, and even angrier after what those boys did to you. But I can't help but feel like it's my fault." I told her honestly.

"What? Jax, it isn't your fault," she told me in reassurance, "When I was in the bathroom with Piper, she told that I shouldn't blame myself for the behavior of those boys."

Piper said, "You are the victim, not them. Being sexually harassed is a crime, and they committed it. You did nothing wrong. Trust me. Now, let's do something about fixing your hair."

Every word Kate was telling me about Piper was another dagger I felt in my heart. I could feel the pain. I had betrayed and backstabbed one of my closest friends. I knew what I had to do.

"I'm going to tell Piper the truth," I stated to Kate.

"You do know—"

"I know. She'll probably hate me for the rest of my life, but at least she knows I would be honest to her."

"I'll go with you."

"Thanks Kate."

"Of course," she said and we hugged, "I'm the Rachel Berry..."

"To my Kurt Hummel. Best Friends Forever." I told her. We stopped hugging each other.

"Also, the next time you cut me off. I'm going to personally drop kick you the floor."

"Hey, I thought you are only able to use Taekwondo in self-defense."

"Yes, I was defending myself from being cut off," she told me. We started laughing. At that moment, Piper walked in.

"Piper!" I said surprised.

"You don't have to explain yourself," she told me seemly hurt.

"Piper wait..."

"You know, what's done is done."

"Please, Piper. I can explain."

"Oh, hey Kate. Here's the DVDs you wanted." Piper said placing the DVDs down onto Kate's night stand.

"Piper, wait!"

"What?! What is?! What can you tell me to make me feel any better about this? Huh, Jax? Tell me, because I'm all ears," Piper barked at me.

"I...I..."

"That's what I thought," she said with tears in her eyes, "You know, I think the worst thing about this entire situation is that I'm not sad or upset that Cameron cheated on me. It was that fact that he cheated on me with you. A person I called my friend." With that, she ran out crying.

I had already felt bad enough, at this point I had just given up on life. I slowly fell to the ground, crying. Kate came to comfort me.

"It's going to be okay," she reassured me, hugging me.

I sat and just cried in her arms. The truth hurts, but sometimes it is the only thing you can say. Piper, I'm sorry.