Chapter 7: Facing the Camera

Following the days after the party and Piper and my fallout, I had to face both Cameron and Piper on-set for our new movie; Throw It & Jump In.

The new Disney Channel Movie is the about a group of three best friends who all enter a spy academy program. They must work together to save the world from the hands of Dr. Donald Trumpets. Cameron played Aston, the heartthrob player who could charm anyone in a moment. Santana, played by Piper, is the leader of the group who has a knack of remembering things and was the most skilled with a wide range of weapons. And I played Cooper or Co-C, a nerdy scientific guy who helps the team figure out the codes and solves the puzzles.

Being the actors we were, we were able to keep the set professional. We played our characters without a hitch; like we never had a fight. When the director called cut and break, we quickly made it back to our dressing rooms. I could hear Piper yelling at Cameron in the room next door.

"Babe, it wasn't my..."

"Don't babe me. You used one of my closest friends for your dumb silly dare. He was my friend. Don't you understand that."

"If you just listen..."

"I can't believe it. You son of a b****!"

"I'm gay. I had to pretend you were my girlfriend to become more normal in the world. My parents weren't going to finance a gay son. You have to understand."

"Please get out of my room, I don't want to even talk to you," she stated calmly.

"Piper. Please."

"Security!" Piper yelled, and Cameron was taken out of the room. There was a lingering and long silences in both rooms. I knew I could just sit here and do nothing. I pick up what little dignity I had left and knock on her dressing room door.

Knock, Knock.

"Piper? It's me."

"Go away."

"I know you don't want to talk to me right now, but I just wanted to say thank you," I told her, "I'm here for you no matter what." There was a long silence. "I brought Ice Cream?" With no one answering, I decided to leave.

"Come on in," Piper said opening her door. She was a mess. I loved her in all, but damn she was horrible. It was like in the mists of their fight there was a hurricane coming in and destroying the world.

"Come on, bring it in," I said offering her a hug. She just let herself fall in my arms. "That's it, just cry it all out." I sat down with her, and we just cried together. We let the world just stop for a moment.

After thirty minutes and one whole carton of ice cream later, we decided to retalk to each other.

"I'm sorry I overreacted," Piper apologized.

"Oh, don't worry about it. It makes life more interesting, Piper," I told her smiling.

"I guess so," she smiled, "So...Cameron?"

"Yeah," We laughed.

"Just so you know, he likes you too."

"Yeah, but he sexually harassed me."

"I don't think so."

"Why do you say that?"

"Maybe because I dated him for a few months, I know him. He's not the type of guy to hurt anyone. He's a sweet heart. A heartbreaker, yes. But a criminal, no. He's not telling you the whole truth. Have you even talked to him since the morning of?" Piper asked.

"Well, I tr—"

"Uh, uh. Try again."

"Well, I was go—"

"Try again."

"Fine. No, I haven't."

"Why?"

"He was—," I looked to Piper who gave me a look of disapproval, "I was scared too. I didn't know if he liked me."

"Well what are you waiting for? Go get him."

"But what about you? I can't leave one of my best friends in pain," I said to Piper sitting next to her on her couch. I then hugged her, "I'm not going anywhere until you are healed."

"I got you covered," said Kate who walked into the dressing room with Holly.

"Yeah, go get that hunk of a man," encouraged Holly, "Oh, sorry Piper."

"No problem," Piper told me, "The thing was I already felt distant from Cameron from the beginning." She looked at me. "Don't worry. We will always be friends. Now, fairy godfather go and get your Prince Charming."

"Thank you," I said hugging her. With that, I ran out of the room.

"Look at him go," Piper reacted.

"Now, time for some girl healing time!" Holly shouted with glee.

"I brought the best movies: Inside Out, Frozen, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Pitch Perfect 1 & 2, and Mulan! We are going to sing our cares away," Kate announced to the world.

"I also brought your favorite Ice Cream! Oreo Cookies n' Cream!" exclaimed Holly.

"Girls, you are the best," Piper shouted with glee, "Let's do this."

With the girls having their single ladies healing time, I was on the search for Cameron. I raced out of the dressing room hall and was asking everyone I knew where Cameron was. No one knew where he was, I had almost given up hope when I walked back into my dressing room.

I walked into the room, and Cameron pop out of the blue and kissed me. He kissed me so passionately. I was surprised, but it was so good.

He stopped kissing me and said, "I'm sorry." I saw that he had been crying. It was sad, but he looked so cute. He didn't make eye contact with me, he just looked at the ground, ashamed of what he had done. I touched his arm, and he locked eyes with me.

"It's okay," I told me, "Just tell me what happened in that room that night."

"After my friends had dared me to sleep with you, I drugged you, got you naked, put on a condom, and placed you on my bed. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. So, in an effort to complete my bet and not hurt you in anyway, I decided to look up some porn, and play it for the guys outside the door to hear."

"That's actually pretty smart," I jokily told him.

"Thanks. After the movie was done, I opened the door and confronted the guys. I ended the party a short time later, and I went back upstairs to bed with you. I looked at you, admiring your beauty."

"Beauty? You must need glasses cause I'm not beautiful or handsome," I told him laughing.

"Yeah, I was blinded by your beauty," he slyly smiled back.

"Cheesy."

"Yep, I know."

"But I like cheesy."

"So, I kissed you on the cheek and you subconsciously just started to hug me and the night ended perfectly."

"And the morning? What happened then?"

"To be fair, I was unsure if you were gay, so I couldn't help but be on defense as well," he told me, "Jax, I've never felt this way about another person."

"Me too, Cam," I said wiping the last of his tears. I then leaned in, and kissed him. I know he is 'the man' in our relationship or whatever this was, but it nice to see a more sensitive side to him. "On the plus side, you still look hot even when your sick." I told him.

"Shut up," he jokingly said kissing me.

The whole world had exploded into every color of the rainbow; red, green, blue, purple, yellow, and even my least favorite color, orange. His lips were soft like sleeping on a cloud. It was like time had just stopped and it was just the two of us in that moment. We then stopped kissing, and we slowly laid right next to you each other on couch.

He wrapped his arms around me, becoming the big spoon, while I was the little spoon. I felt safe in his muscular arms. He was my protector, and I was his. Slowly, I drifted off to sleep, right then and there, as he kissed me on head and said, "I love you, Jax."

"I love you too, Cam."