✨ Bucky Barnes- The Man On The Bridge ✨

Marvel Cinematic Universe

You saw The Winter Soldier get flipped over by your mission. The two men were out of breath as The Winter Soldier stood up, mask off and on the floor. He turned around to face Captain America, minus the suit, standing there, shocked written all over his face. You were standing behind a black van, gun in hand, experiencing the whole thing from there.

"Bucky?" The mission asked.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" He asked the Captain. He looked scared. You knew what had gone on between the two of them in World War 2. You knew the bond they had. And seeing the look, the hurt look, on the Captain's face made the want to kill him somewhat dissolve inside of you. You had too kill him though. If you didn't, both you and The Winter Soldier would be killed by HYDRA. You saw someone pointing a gun at The Winter Soldier and immediately pointed the gun in your hands in her direction and shot. The bullet smoked so much you had time to grab The Winter Soldier and run. Both of you ran back to the base you were at and confronted them.

"Sir," you panted out of breath, "we couldn't kill him. He was with the Black Widow and a guy who had wings. They were all to powerful"

"I SENT HYDRA'S BEST AGENT AND DEADLIEST ASSASSIN TO KILL CAPTAIN AMERICA AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT?! WORTHLESS!" He slapped you round the face and ordered for some agents to take The Winter Soldier away. You knew where they were going and knew you would be there too, you had to watch him get brainwashed. They never told you why, you was just always there and never questioned it.

A few minutes after they had taken The Winter Soldier, they took you into the room he was always brainwashed in. You were standing in a corner, watching over everything that was happening. They were fixing his metal arm when he started moving about violently. He whacked one of the 'doctors' away from him making everyone, but you, point a gun in his direction. Seconds after that, Pierce walked in.

"Mission report" he requested. Your breathe got caught in your throat, knowing if The Winter Soldier didn't say anything, he'd get hit.

"Mission report, now" Pierce walked over to him and bent down to his eye level and backhanded him across the face.

"The man on the bridge," he started, "who was he?" The Winter Soldier looked confused.

"You met him earlier this week on another assignment"

"I knew him" Pierce pulled up a chair.

"Your work has been a gift to man-kind, you've shaped the century. And I need you to do it one more time. To decide is a tipping point between order and chaos, tomorrow morning we're going to give it a push," you listened closely, "but, if you don't do your part, then I can't do mine. And HYDRA can't give the world the freedom it deserves."

"I knew him" The Winter Soldier repeated, like he was convincing himself he did.

"Prep him" Pierce said after standing up.

"But, he's been out of cryo freeze for too long" someone piped up. You looked down, knowing what was going to happen next and so Pierce couldn't see as stray tear fall from your eye.

"Then wipe him and start over" Pierce walked over to you as they set him up for wiping.

"Hope you enjoy the show again," he started, "don't cry, princess. He's fine" you cringed at the name. He walked away from you as The Winter Soldier started screaming in pain. One more tear fell before they finished wiping him.

It was an hour after the wiping, you were on your way to The Winter Soldier's room. You had to make sure he was okay, you always did after the wipings. It was never an order, you just needed to know he was okay. When you entered the room, he was sat up right on his 'bed' staring at the wall in front of him.

"Hey," you started while closing the door, "hey, you alive?" He turned and looked at you. It looked like he had been crying, something new.

"The man on the bridge"

"Yeah?"

"I know him, don't I?" You sat down on his 'bed'.

"He was your friend, back in World War 2. He thought you were dead until today"

"How am I still alive?"

"That's a story for another time, Bucky" you gasped at what you called him.

"He called me that today, the man on the bridge" he looked towards the ground.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you that"

"It's fine" he sighed.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I want to met the man on the bridge"

---------------------------------------------------------
That was a long one. I watched The Winter Soldier while writing this and t was amazing as always.

-MrsEvanStan 💕