✨ Chris Beck- Stranded Pt.2 ✨

The Martian

*After rescuing the Watneys, on the Hermes*

(Y/N) and Mark Watney were safe back onboard the Hermes thanks to their amazing crew. Obviously, both of them had to be check over by the Flight Surgeon and EVA specialist, Dr Chris Beck, which he didn't mind. Now that every knew about (Y/N) and Chris, they didn't have to hide but they weren't allowed to 'show affection' while everyone was doing their jobs or when the whole crew were together.

(Y/N) had showered 30 minutes after getting back on the Hermes and now Mark was washing. She was sat on a bed in the medical room, waiting for Chris to come check her over. He walked in a few minutes later, a massive smile plastered on his face.

"God, I missed you" he walked over and gave her a long awaited kiss. His hands went to her neck and shoulders, while her's travelled to his cheeks. She pulled away after hearing the shower stop, signalling Mark was finished.

"I missed you too" she smiled back while he got the equipment to check her over. He checked her height, weight, her blood pressure, heart rate and blood sugar levels. All was well and good for (Y/N) apart from her weight. After looking over her results and working out how much weight she'd lost, he turned to her with quite a concerning face on.

"You're way underweight" his and her face dropped. She knew she'd lost weight but she didn't realise how much.

"Ho-how much?"

"You first weighted 9 st 7 lbs, now you weigh 5 st 12 lbs. We don't have enough food packets to give you extra or give you more calories and nutrients. All I can say is eat everything you get for a meal and don't exercise as much as you did on the trip here." By now, he was sat next to (Y/N) on the bed. An arm wrapped protectively around her waist while she leaned on his body.

"Will you help me?" She mumbled into his shoulder while Mark walked out of the bathroom fully dressed. Chris smiled to him and motioned for him to come over.

"Of course I will. We'll all be with you through this"

"Is she pregnant?" Mark assumed.

"What?! No!"

"What's up then?" Chris got up and took Mark away from (Y/N).

"She's way under weight. She was 9 st 7 lbs, now she weighs 5 st 12 lbs. It's bad, badder then bad" Mark's face dropped. He felt guilty that she was this way. He hadn't given her enough food in Mars and now she's ill.

"Don't feel bad," Chris read his mind, "there would never have been enough to keep both of you at a healthy weight, it's not your fault"

"I know. It's just..it's my fault I didn't duck when Lewis shouted watch out and if I did I wouldn't have gotten swept away and (Y/N) wouldn't have gone looking for me and she wouldn't have got hit and knocked out and we wouldn't have had to survive and we wouldn't have had to ration food and we wouldn't have been in this mess" Mark took a breath.

"Don't worry about it, let's get you checked out" Chris said as he walked over to check Mark was okay. He was of course, just weight but he didn't lose as much. When the Watneys had gotten the all clear from Beck to be let out of the infirmary, Mark went back to his bunk and spoke to Martinez and Vogel, catching up and everything that had happened. While (Y/N) stayed behind to have more time with Chris. She was still sat on the bed and a few seconds after watching Mark leave, Chris joined her.

"I love you" he held her hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"I love you, too"

"So," he started, "did you kick some Martian ass?"

--------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you guys liked it. It wasn't as long as the first one, but this is had more of Chris and the reader's relationship in it though, so.

Also, I'm postponing the 'Honeymoon' series to next Tuesday because I'm still writing the first one (😁) and I didn't realise how long each one would be. So, no update this Friday, and the 'Honeymoon' series next Tuesday

-MrsEvanStan 💕