five

isabelle langa

When I had woken, Killian wasn't in the room. I wasn't sure what that meant at first, then remembered I heard Dre talking about Killian having weight training on Saturday mornings. I had woken up with a headache and clothes that weren't mine.

I got out of the bed to examine myself. Now that I was fully sober, I was able to take in the clothes he let me borrow. I was in a shirt that looked like it's two sizes too small for Killian. And these indeed were not shorts, but boxer briefs that were rolled so they'd fit me.

With the sunlight, I noticed how meticulously clean his bedroom is. Everything was straight with nothing being out of place. Even his closet was nicely organized in a colour system. His nightstand had a book. It was of the same author him and I saw at the book store, but wasn't the same book. He went out of his way to buy more of her books.

Shaking my head, I left the room and was stuck at the door. For some reason I was nervous to walk around here knowing the type of guys who were here. Waking up in a frat house in random clothes isn't something I ever expected out of me. Mainly because my brother forbad me from being involved in anything frat related.

Yet here I was entering a kitchen full of about a dozen guys. This felt like my biggest fear coming true and I didn't like the eyes that were all on me. Amongst the eyes were Killian's. He was at the stove flipping bacon in a pan. He was shirtless with grey sweatpants that rested low. His tan chest was full of muscle that looked perfectly chiselled. On his back was angel wings with a sword right down the middle. His ribs on his left had vertical script that I couldn't read from this far. It's unfair how attractive this man is.

I kindly smiled at the guys I passed while making my way to Killian. I never thought he would be my safety net in a time like this, but the guys looked at me with eager eyes—like fresh meat. Killian's hand went to my lower back, bringing me closer between him and the stove.

"I thought you have basketball," I spoke to quietly.

"I do. But you were asleep and figured you'd be hungry. Don't bother apologizing. I'm tired anyways," he kept his eyes on the food in front of him that was cooking. With the way he was talking, I would've assumed he was upset with me before he said, "The clothes look good on you." I silently disagreed with him.

"Just to clarify, you're seriously going to cook and not make enough for the rest of us?" A guy complained, struggling to find something in the fridge.

"That's what I said, isn't it?" Killian pulled a plate from the cabinet. I'm happy he knew I would be hungry because I was starving and the breakfast he was making smelt amazing. He set a spot at the island for me, placing cutlery and juice.

"So, do you guys never have girls over? Because you're acting like you've never seen a girl before and I'm not quite sure if you're aware, but it's extremely uncomfortable," I spoke what was on my mind. I wouldn't usually, but the way they acted was pissing me off. Were they going to watch me eat too?

As soon as they realized what they were doing, a few dispersed and others finally looked away. So I sat at the island and indulged in my meal. I went on my phone, seeing the text from my brother last night. The address was almost two hours away. What could be in that bag that needed to be delivered two hours away, specifically by me?

"I'll take you," Killian offered when he saw me on the Uber app. I couldn't help but feel like the favours he was doing for me were getting out of hand. He's been too nice to me and I'm not interested in accumulating debt. "I hope you're free Monday at noon," he stood beside me, letting his hand touch my back.

I drank my orange juice, wondering why he was concerned about my availability.

"I got you a lunch date with that author you're so madly obsessed with. But I mean, if you're not interested then-"