fifteen

killian martinez

I wrapped a towel around my waist, stepping in front of the mirror to observe my reflection. My hair wasn't as long as it used to be. I was getting the sides cut more often and made sure to keep up with hair cuts for Isabelle's sake. She didn't touch my hair as much if it were longer and I liked her touching it. She would hold my head in her arms at night and lose her fingers in my hair. It would put me to sleep and the length didn't bother me if that's how she liked it.

Most of my mornings weren't spent alone anymore because Isabelle normally spent the night, especially on weekends. Lately she's been grumpier than usual and it was safe to say her period was on the way.

Leaving the bathroom, I went to my phone that rang on my nightstand. "Hey," I put the call on speaker while going to my closet. I had strength training this morning which I hated even more than usual since my morning had already started on a bad note.

"Hi, I can't go to my class today. Can you please pick up my assignment and take it to my prof? She's stupid and wanted it typed out and printed," Isabelle asked. I pulled my shirt over my head then grabbed the phone.

"What's wrong?" Missing class wasn't something she did for fun.

"My period started yesterday and I don't feel well. My cramps are really bad." It was the simplest thing yet it bothered me so much knowing she was currently in pain. All my head could do was think about things I could do to make her feel better.

"Yeah. Do you need anything?" The question came out more awkward than I wanted. But I've never been one interested in talking about periods and cramps. Probably because I've never had a girlfriend so it had never been my problem.

Isabelle was normally vocal about her period starting and it's the one time she spends more nights at her place than at mine. Even then, her cramps were never something she brought up and I assumed it was because she didn't get any.

"I'm okay."

"Alright. I'll be there in a bit."

When I finished getting ready, I went downstairs and searched the kitchen for everything I needed. All the materials I needed were not present, but I still tried my best with what I had on hand. My baking lesson with Isabelle wasn't the best considering all I could do was stare and reflect on how beautiful she is. But I did my best.

"There's no way I'm watching Killian Martinez bake cookies," Ethan entered the kitchen with the biggest smirk on his face. None of the guys were ever awake this early and I hoped that no one would see me in this compromised position.

I rolled the dough into small balls and put them on a tray. Once the oven preheated, I slid it inside. I looked at him when he removed milk from the fridge.

"Don't touch that," I snatched it from his hands. It was a very specific milk. "Bell only drinks oat milk and if you finish it she won't have anything for her cereal in the mornings," I put it back in the fridge. All I received from him was a laugh full of shock

"You are taking this challenge really serious. I saw the scoreboard. You're in the lead by a lot. You can definitely dial it down. At this rate you have enough points to have the bedroom next year and some," he leaned on the counter behind him while taking a bite into his apple.

I scratched my head. "I've been meaning to call a house meeting to talk about that. I want to drop out of the challenge." Every moment I'm with her feels wrong. It feels wrong because she doesn't know the truth and I know what she would say if she did. That's exactly why I haven't told her despite knowing she deserves to know the truth. If I wasn't going to tell her, then I should end this all.