Chapter 1

Trinity pushed past her cousin, racing up the stairs toward her Angel's room. After Angel had returned her husband, Viktor had gladly bought a lovely estate here in London, close to her family. Angel had been ecstatic and so had the rest of their family.

She had also been extremely pregnant and after four long grueling months filled with her mood changes she had given birth to a lovely baby boy. A baby that Trinity was more than impatient to see.

"Jesus, Trinity, must you such a brute, it's rather unlady like of you." Alexander, one of many of her cousins mumbled underneath his breath as she pushed him out of the way as she ran up the winding staircase.

"Oh, shut up!" She screamed behind her as she made it onto the second floor, speeding down the hall toward Angel's bedchamber. The door was slightly cracked and she could hear soft cooing from the other side.

She gently pushed the door open, excitement on her face. "Angel?" She whispered as she walked in. She nearly squealed when she saw Angel sitting in bed with the babe in her arms, her twin sister Lafayette sitting beside her.

She made her way toward them, making a beeline for a view of the baby. "Oh, he's perfect and pink. Perfectly pink!" She said in awe of the baby quietly staring up at the faces around him.

Angel laughed, "He is isn't he. He was a lot pain as well, I don't ever think I've ever been so emotional but I love him for it." She mumbled with parental adoration as she ran a finger down his chubby cheek.

"What's his name?" Trinity asked wide eyes.

Angel smiled, "Viktor wanted to name him Anatoly Afon Mikhail Lemontov."

Trinity stared at Angel...incredulous. "Did you?"

Angel burst out laughing, startling the baby. The baby made a frightened squeaking sound until she began to rock him.

Lafayette grinned as well, "I had the same reaction. But no, she didn't name him that."

Trinity sighed in relief, "Don't do that, tell me his name!"

Angel collected herself before answering, "His name is Andrei Mikhail Lemontov; we named him after Viktor's youngest brother. I think it fits him wonderfully."

Trinity agreed and they gushed over the baby.

"Where's Viktor?" Trinity asked, expecting to see her cousin's husband.

Angel smoothed the baby's hair before answering, "My mother told him to go and get some more carrots because we were running out."

Trinity raised a brow, "But don't you have a full kitchen staff?"

Lafayette chuckled, "Don't tell that to our mother besides he's still trying to get her to like him, he wouldn't dare tell her no."

Trinity grinned, it was understandable. The Hugh women were known for having tempers much more explosive than the men in the family and everyone knew that Hany had one of the more...expressive tempers. She didn't blame Viktor at all for wanting to stay on her good side.

It wasn't until Angel's mother, Hany, walked in with a bowl of soup on a tray that Trinity moved to leave.

"Hello, Trinity." Hany said with a smile.

Trinity quickly kissed her Aunt on the cheek, "Hello, Aunt Hany. Or rather see you later, I must be going now."

She waved goodbye before heading toward the door. She sighed, the baby's image locked in her memory. She loved children, they were absolutely wonderful.

"I do not like this, men are dirty, lustful creatures." Emile, Trinity's father mumbled as he saw her.

She was dressed to the nine's in her new yellow gown. Today was the start of the autumn season and the color was radiant on her. Her skin was a lovely caramel, a trait screaming her mulatto heritage. Her hair was naturally curly, a trademark of the Hugh family, and a gracious brown that she had inherited from her father. A pair of pearls hung comfortably around her neck, accenting her large hazel eyes, another trait that she had inherited from her father.

"You're a man, what are you saying about yourself?" Jewel mumbled as she brushed her hands alongside her daughter's waist, making sure that not a thing was out of place.

Emile frowned, "I am a man, mon ange, I know what a man thinks and I am saying that I do not want my daughter to go to this...season. For I do not want to have to kill anyone this year."

Jewel laughed, "Oh, would you stop it. You're starting to sound more and more like a pirate."

He tsked.

Trinity grinned at her parent's. She loved her father dearly, she had grown up thinking him the handsomest man she had ever seen, apart from her Grandfather of course, with his broad shoulders, French accent and eye patch. He was an ex-pirate turned artist and his artistic ability had only grown over the years.

Her mother was beautiful, curly haired, honey skinned and confident. She had always thought her parents fit each other rather well. They teased each other mercilessly and whenever they fought they always managed to make up at the end up the day, she had caught them embracing more than she would like to admit but then again, she was sure her cousins could say the same about their parents.

"Don't worry, I'll be with Alex and Leo, no one will even come near me with them on my heels." Trinity said.

Her father sighed, "I suppose you are right...but do not come home with too many suitors." He said grumpily.

Jewel rolled her eyes, "Do you not have something to paint?"

He stared at his wife, crossing his arms over his chest, "Shall I paint you, mon ange?" His voice was suggestive and both Trinity and Jewel blushed crimson.

"Papa!" Trinity said in embarrassment.

"Emile!" Jewel shrieked.

He laughed before reaching for Trinity, cupping her face in his large hands and kissing her on the nose. He had spoiled her terribly and couldn't quite help spoiling her now, "Je t'aime, my child."

Trinity grinned just as a knock sounded on the door, signaling the arrival of her carriage. "Je t'aime, papa."

She hugged her mother before heading to the door.

Eager to start her new season, secretly hoping for the happiness and romance that seemed to surround her family.

*Comment, like and share!*