Chapter 15

And the weeks flew by with hurried winds. Days were spent making love. Learning what the heart was capable of.

Artair was trying his hardest to reconcile with his father, though he was still new to forgiveness and love, he was opening his heart to the emotions. Artair had taken to making sure that Ean's every need was met, showing his love for him through actions and Ean, the kind boy that he was, had apologized for running away. Their relationship, despite all that Artair had said in his anger, had only seemed to grow.

There was even a slight change in the air, as if the world itself felt the sentimentality that had suddenly began to build.

Artair was a changed man it and he only seemed to get better throughout the days. Trinity watched him transform, realizing that she was much more in love with him than she was willing to admit.

He had gotten underneath her skin and meshed into her mind's eye and refused to go away. He was much more open to touching her now and he did so frequently. From a gentle caress of his hand on her lower back to wrapping an arm around her waist. His possessiveness was apparent and almost natural.

But it also left Trinity was a feeling much like confusion, she wondered if her feelings were reciprocated and though she longed to know if he loved her as well she was too stubborn to ask. And every time she built up the nerve his words would echo around her head, reminding her that he did not love her and never would.

She tried to convince herself that she was content with watching him bloom before her eyes, the love that he had tried to suppress bursting forward with no remorse.

She sighed, her month was nearly up, and the weeks had flown by a lot quicker than she had wanted them to. The fact that she would soon be leaving stuck with her and she harbored it inside, telling herself that she was eager to leave the confines of her feeling for Artair.

Telling herself that she missed her family more than anything and she did. She missed her family dearly but the prospect of never seeing Artair again was enough to bring her to tears.

She shook away the thought, knowing that come night fall she would be locked in Artair's embrace. It was wrong and she knew it but she enjoyed it too much to deny herself his passion. They had been sleeping together every night and each night was filled with nothing but explosive love making, yet another reason for her to yearn for his love.

She sighed once more, her stomach churning with unexpressed emotion.

"If you sigh one more time I'll call a doctor, lass."

She jumped at the voice, turning to find Artair strolling into the parlor, his hands stuffed in his pockets and Ean trailing beside him.

She sat up as they approached, plastering a smile on her face

"Am I not allowed to sigh?" She asked starkly as she opened her arms, welcoming Ean to run into them. He ran toward her eagerly, hugging her tight. She giggled at the boy's tight hug but merrily hugged him back.

"I didna' ask for that smart remark, woman." Artair mumbled though there was a smirk on his face.

She shrugged, her eyes flickering from Artair to Ean. "What have you been doing all day? You're all dirty and...are these your new riding boots?" She asked suspiciously.

Ean's eyes widened and he quickly kissed her on the cheek before mumbling something about tending to the horses. Before she could stop him he ran from the room, Artair laughing after him.

Trinity stood up, her chair scraping the floor, her hands on her hips. "I don't find this funny, Artair."

He coughed slightly, trying to hold in his laughter before pulling his hands from his pockets. He moved toward her with easy, purposeful strides before engulfing her in his arms. "He is a child, a boy. Donna expect him to stay clean always."

He leaned down to brush his lips against hers and her heart leapt. She pulled away quickly, a blush growing on her caramel colored cheeks. "You can't distract me with kisses, you brute. I know what Ean is but he can't always be dirty!"

Artair shrugged, leaning down to kiss her once more. She went to protest but her thoughts were drowned out by the feeling of his lips moving over hers. She leaned into him, her hands pressed against his chest as he held her close, ravaging her lips with kisses.

"That's a dirty trick, Artair." She mumbled huskily as he pulled away.

He smiled lightly. "What's a dirty trick?"

"Distracting me with kisses." She said as she looked up at him from beneath her lashes. He stared down at her for a moment, caught off guard by the look on her face. His nostrils suddenly flared and he tightened his arms around her waist, crushing her breast against his chest.

"I could distract ya' with other things, Trinity." He groaned before kissing her again. Her toes curled at the way he said her name and she gave in, melting like mush.

His hands began to roam aimlessly, touching her wherever he could and kissing along her skin. She did not protest, nor did she stop him, she was too busy enjoying his affection...his need for her.

A need she hoped he would always have...or at least remember.

He kissed her neck and she shivered, wrapping her arms around his shoulders as suckled there.

The sound of someone clearing their throat brought her out of her pleasure filled haze and she jumped back, smacking Artair on the side of the head in embarrassment. Artair flinched back, rubbing at his head, "Damn it, woman!" He said through clenched teeth, his cheeks flushed, his pupils dilated. "Ya' could have just told me ta' stop."

She blushed scarlet, her jaw clenched as her eyes fell on Ailbeart as he stepped into the room, a knowing smile on his face.

"I hope I'm not interrupting?" Ailbeart said though he was smirking in amusement.

Artair flashed him an irritated look before sighing, "Ya' are not foolin' anyone. You know you're interruptin'," he tsked, "But it doesna' matter." He grabbed Trinity's hand and gently yanked her over to him, kissing her cheek lightly before exiting the room, Ailbeart nodding him off as he went.

"I do presume this means you'll be stayin'?" Ailbeart said to her merrily. She blinked, her cheeks stilled flushed and her mind still slightly hazy.

She stayed silent for a moment. Her heart was pounding. She didn't think she could take another second of this torture. Of being in the same space as the man she loved and yet not knowing if he loved her too.

"No, I won't be staying." She whispered.

Ailbeart froze up, his eyes widening then filling with a perplexed confusion, "I do not understand...Do you not love my son? I see the way you look at each other and I...I thought you were in love with him."

Trinity wrapped her arms around herself, refusing to meet Ailbeart's eyes. "We had a deal. I help Artair open his heart and then I go home."

"Bu-," Ailbeart started before she cut him off, "I'm going home, I can't spend any more time here. I've wasted enough time here. I want to leave."

He watched in shock, not really knowing what to do to convince her to stay. "I...I see, there is nothing I can do to make you change yer mind?"

"No."

He sighed, "I am a man of my word and a deal is deal, lassie. I'll send for a carriage to take you home-," she cut him off again, "Tomorrow morning when Artair takes Ean out for a ride."

Ailbeart's frown grew, "You willna' say goodbye?'

"I can't...Oh, Ailbeart I just can't. I did what I needed to do now I want to go...and saying goodbye would only leave a memory of this place inside my head. I don't want that."

"I understand." He mumbled sadly.

She turned toward him, giving him a weak smile, she moved toward him and grabbed his hands in hers. "Promise me you won't tell Artair I'm leaving."

She stared into his eyes for a long while, begging him silently to listen. He complied, giving her hands a light squeeze. She thanked him before kissing him on the cheek.

*Comment, like and share! Sorry for the long delay, after my spring break my homework load tired me out and testing blew up as I had a test in every single one of my classes...But any who, I'm back now!*