Chapter 8

The kiss wasn’t a mistake. Arjun couldn’t lie to himself, but he didn’t have a choice, he couldn’t very well just barge in and have Radhika.

He wasn’t happy with the way he had handled things after kissing her senseless, he had simply ignored her and that kiss but her reaction to his kiss had stumped him. He couldn’t believe she had kissed him back and with that delightful abandon. Giving it all in that one kiss. He didn’t know what to say to her after that. He couldn’t very well tell her the truth that he wanted to have her wicked way with her.

His body was already reminding him of that unexpected desire she always aroused in him. He could still smell her scent on his body; still remember the taste of her.

Exquisite. She had been wonderful.

The drive back to her place was ingrained in his mind, though his attention had been focused on the road ahead, he had been far more aware of Radhika’s presence than he would have liked to admit.

He had watched her as she sat there looking at the passing vehicles via the side window; so serene, so angelic, so very beautiful.

He shook his head as he remembered the time when inside his head an image had formed of Radhika’s body pressed close to his own offering him every sensual pleasure. Cursing inwardly, he had fought to suppress his body’s reaction to that image by dropping his hand from the steering wheel and driving one handed hiding his very arousal from her view.

Arjun paced his living room, as he though how her mere presence affected his very senses. He had repeatedly tried to concentrate his mind somewhere else and avoided looking at her but inside his head, he could conjure a perfect vision of her; the way he saw her after kissing her thoroughly.

Swollen lips, eyes cloudy, glazed with desire and her chest heaving beautifully as she gasped for breath. She looked stunning, all mused up from the kiss and it had taken all of his will power to turn away from her and not take her then and there.

He stopped near the window and thought, the silence between them had been soothing; nothing was needed to be said. He liked this understanding. Arjun sighed and wished he could have these moments with her again soon, with her snuggled in his arms, their scents mixed together, enjoying each other’s embrace and togetherness.

Where did that thought come from? Did he want her?

No. Absolutely not.

He was being stupid and silly. He had been there, in love with her once and had his heart broken by her betrayal. No, he wouldn’t repeat that mistake again.

He definitely was proud of how she had handled her life, gaining such a respectful, challenging job and flourishing herself well enough to establish a permanent name for herself. She had always been his nerd; studying along with excelling in sports, a nerdy all rounder.

His? She wasn’t his. Not now, not ever.

He might want her but he repeatedly told himself that that need meant nothing. It was just temporary roused by the fact that he was in direct contact with the woman who had once ruled his heart. He reminded himself, he was no longer the idealistic who believed in once in a lifetime love, she was simply a crush. That’s it, nothing more.