Chapter 16

Radhika composed herself quaintly slightly glaring at Arjun who seemed too collected for her liking. They entered the intimidating conference room, her preceding him, as he held the door open for her.

Why didn't she scream at him now? Was she getting addicted to those sweet, spicy kisses.

Ah! What was he doing to her?

She shook her head and getting back her rightful demeanor, walked alongside him. The cool, elegant conduct that had now become like a second skin for her, backed into her with ease and finesse that spoke of practice. All these years of being an independent woman had taught her to revel in herself, draw strength from within her, she was not the one express her needs effortlessly. Those things had come easily to her once long time back before the departure of Arjun had made her draw back into herself, lean, trust no one but herself.

Several people turned their head to see their entrance and quite a few got up and greeted Arjun. Earlier on, they had decided to let her pose as his assistant. All the more secretive and gave her ample space to share her views without raising any suspicion.

Radhika had gone a step forward and had on her own intimated the local UN Special Force for any security requirement needed by them. She felt at ease knowing the arrangements had been taken care of. 

After all, this forum wasn't a simple dignitary one but a private symposium of the rich and the famous; who were used to getting what they wanted using any means without caring about the ethical value attached to their actions and care for the consequences.

Radhika knew she had to tread with care, one minor slip and she would put not only the future of her organization in jeopardy but also Arjun's life at risk. He was her client and she was willing to take a bullet for him. This route of thought wasn't about feelings or personal dealings but purely professional outlook with a keen presence of mind and a will to succeed.

They knew in order to win, they would have to show returns and it was no easy job. Of course, the entire plan was laid out on the co- operation between the vehicle manufacturing industry and the oil cartel. Taking a practical view, they were aware of the very fact that they won't be able to convince the gathered group of immediate change but maybe start with a ten percent mix of ninety percentage oil and gasoline and slowly build up what with better value cars being in the offing on the future.

Radhika sighed as she shook her head, she had to give it to Arjun even if his team had developed hundred percent gasoline usage fuel in normal vehicles it would take them time to induct it, to enable it to reach the market but laying the core technology on the table for everyone to use was a pretty noble and an admirable action.

Radhika grinned as she remembered the debate that had ensued between both of them. It wasn't the first time a person of repute had found an alternative to fossil fuel but was the first person living reaching the forum with such a plan of action in hand. This in itself would herald a new beginning, maybe something historical.

Arjun introduced her to few people and she shook hands cordially and professionally ignoring the roving eyes of some.

A man tall, boorishly handsome made his way towards them.