Chapter Seventeen - Beauty Sings

*****Louis' POV*****

Harry went into hospital exactly five hours ago. He's only been gone five hours; he's probably not even done with surgery yet. It's good, all's good. I just need to keep my mind busy. He's going to leave you, no one ever stays, you know this. I shake my head rapidly and plug my ears with my fingers to try and drown out the voice.

I just need a distraction. Music. It's like a light bulb going off, why didn't I think of that before. I walk from Harry's bed – yes I've been sitting on Harry's bed for the past five hours while he and his mother are at the hospital – to his closet where his guitar sits. Before I take a seat on his bed I grab a pad of paper and a pen from his desk and get to work.

I fiddle around with some chords and capo placements, finger picking patterns until one feels right.

...

Thirty hours. Harrys were at the hospital for thirty hours. I went to visit him but he was asleep. The doctors said that he should wake up tomorrow afternoon when the drugs start to wear off.

I'm sat on my bedroom floor, now that I've seen that he's okay I don't feel like I need to clutch his pillow to my chest. The doctors said everything went as good as it could go. He's fine. He's fine!

I finished the song, his song. It's surprising how creativity flows when you're a mess. I even recorded a video for it, for him. I plan to upload and show him when he wakes up. Keep the good news from the surgery going and give him some more good things, things he deserves. Unlike you, you don't deserve anything.

My eyes start to droop as my brain seems to overthink everything. I stand slowly stripping to my underwear and climb under my covers. Sleep, sleep should help and then I can go see harry when I wake up and everything will be good again. I won't be lonely; I'll be with someone who wants me, someone who loves me.

I do deserve him. I repeat over and over in my head as I fall into unconsciousness.

...

*****Harry's POV*****

I wake up groggy, my mouth dry and head foggy. When I'm finally able to get my eyes to open, my vision is blurry, I can't seem to focus on anything. The first thing I hear is an incessant beeping, high pitched and annoying.

I turn to my right, there's a figure in a chair. Small, shorthaired, I'm guessing male; over the beeping I can hear other people breathing murmurs of voices from the corridor outside my room. The body shifts and my eyes focus more, it's Louis!

I attempt to sit up but the wires connecting me to the beeping machines at my bedside restrict me. I gran and flop back down my eyes going back to Louis in the chair, he's staring at me a smile on his lips. I smile back and run my hands over my face.

"Hey." Louis says softly, voice still raw from waking up. "B-before you t-t-talk I want to show you s-somet-thing." He walks over to me as he's talking with his phone in hand and places a finger over my lips. I giggle silently behind the finger and nod my head. Louis raises the hand with the phone and places in the hand that's not holding his to me face.

I look up to his face as I remove his finger from my lips and snake my hand to the back of his neck. I smile at him once his eyes find mine I bring his face towards mine, when he's close enough I let my eyes close. Our noses brushing can feel the warmth of his breath brushing the top of my lip as I bring his lips to mine. The kiss is quick and sweet. When we pull back we have what I'm sure are matching small smiles on our faces.