five - his cry

UNEDITED
"Appprrillll, let's dance and meet boysss."

"Jasmine, let's go. You're really drunk. Your parents-

"My parents don't give a crrrappp! Fine! You sit there and wait fur meh but I'm not gonna leave this placee yettt."

In skinny jeans and a large navy blue sweatshirt the girl was everything but in place at the nightclub. The pungent scent of alcohol swarmed her nose and clouds of cigarette smoke left her watching a hazy scenery. In a state of discomfort she pried her way through the sweaty bodies and ignored the curses which escaped the drunks' lips.

The only reason she came to such a dreadful place was because of Jasmine, aka the crazy best-friend. Jasmine was the antithesis of boring. She was complex, unique, and a bit insane. There were many differences between the two. Yet, they seemed to share more in common than April and her own sister. April cared about Jasmine like her own blood, and after receiving a call from her drunk best-friend, she couldn't help but come to the rescue. She couldn't just leave her underage friend in the midst of predators and drunkards. But, there was an extent to her heroism. Today I can't stay by her side the whole time. Jasmine will be fine. She made her choice to come here. I just need some fresh air. Just a minute won't kill.

Finally, she reached the door to the rooftop and inhaled deeply as a whiff of fresh air cleared her senses. She made her way to the railing careful not to step on the pieces of broken flower pots. The air in the bar wasn't the only thing suffocating her. April's mother had informed her about plans of an arranged marriage. Her feelings about the situation were unstable. One minute she felt angry and enraged at her father's abuse of control. The next minute she was annoyed that she hadn't anticipated her father's decision.

"I want you to live a normal life. I want you to love for real. I'm warning you of your father's plans, before it's too late." Her mother's words.

"Does he think I'm some item? Normal parents don't sell their children. I'm so stupid for not seeing this coming." She spoke to herself smacking the railing in frustration. "Ow," She laughed at herself then shook her head.

"Wow you're really something huh? Following me around?"

The girl swiveled around sharply at the sound of the familiar voice. She simply stared back at the boy who was holding a beer, obviously slightly intoxicated.

Park Jimin

He was sober enough to keep his balance as he made his way next to the girl who was leaning nervously against the railing off the rooftop.

"I want to jump, but I can't." He looked below, the light breeze flew strands of his brown hair out of place.

There was a brief moment of silence. Then his gaze left the view below and went straight for her eyes. Something about his desperate expression and the following moments in which he sobbed uncontrollably, shattered even the strongest part of her heart.