eight - his flashbacks

UNEDITED

Jimin woke up rubbing his aching neck and lazily sat up after realizing he had slept on the couch. His head was pounding again. It was like Déjà vu. Except, this time he actually remembered what happened.

Jimin's POV Flashback

My hands are running through my hair, I'm sitting on a stool but the loud music continues to vibrate through my feet. I'm not here to drink. I'm here to think. I sit in solitude; I don't care how many bodies are packed inside this club, I am completely alone.

As I close my eyes her face flashes through my thoughts. Her beautiful and evilly charming smile makes it so much harder to move on. From the scent of her hair, to her slender fingers which used to trace my face like I was art, to the way she would kiss me; I can't forget my ex. We ended two years ago, yet she continues to torment me with the sweet and vivid memories she left me with to reminisce alone. She was a witch in disguise, I swear she planned to purposely pain me like this. How can one break up so easily, had it really meant nothing to her?

Then another thought comes to mind. May, who I was beginning to fall for. She was perfect. Too perfect, like an exact replica of my ex. I began to think I was finally moving on from my ex, until I find out that May is running away with some ordinary guy and getting married in an ordinary little town. I begin to think I'm suffering from an illness where everyone I end up falling in love with ends up leaving me.

And then there's that April kid. I don't quite get how they're making me marry her? She's too young, far too innocent, and has too much to live for. They can't be doing this to her. It's just not fair. But then again, life doesn't seem to agree with the terms of fairness.

I think a bit more until there's nothing left to think about it and I'm staring blankly at the bar tender.

"Need anythin?" He asks confused.

"Ah nothing. I'm just about to go. Thanks uh," I take a quick glance at the side of the wall where his picture is and read the nameplate which says, "Carl."

He flashes me a wide grin, revealing his yellow but perfectly alined teeth. I smile back, just a small one for courtesy.

I push through the crowd ready to relax and listen to the late night sports radio when my heart drops.

That good smelling hair, those slender fingers, those addictive kisses; Apparently they all belong to someone else now. I can feel my eyes sting as I look at her all over him. I want to cry, badly. But I can't because I don't cry over her anymore. I don't love you. I don't love you. I don't love you. I--I love you.

I can't help it, it hurts too much. The pain was never this unbearable. I guess the fact that she's actually standing in front of me visibly making out with another guy makes it ten times worse. I walk back to the bar and I take some shots. Maybe just a few to numb myself so I don't do anything stupid, like walk up to her and tell her how much I want her back. Because even if I think I want her back and even if it hurts, I know I don't. I don't need her.

The alcohol is slowly taking effect and I start pounding my fist against the bar, yelling many profanities. I'm out of it for a bit, until someone lightly taps me and says, "Jimin? Is that you?" And then I see her. No, not my ex. But that April kid. She's in her pajamas and her hair is tied up lazily like she was dragged here.

"April? What are you doing here?"

"I- I don't kn" I'm not sure if it's the lighting, but the rims of her eyes are turning purple.

"April? Are you okay?" I say. She nods but she looks like she's dizzy. Then she collapses into my arms.

End of flashback

Jimin walked into his bedroom and sees April lying in his bed (breathing, thank God) but still in the same pajamas from last night. For a moment he's relieved but then the scene of April's eyes turning purple bring him back to story his mother used to tell him. A story she told quite a while ago, before she was poisoned by money. Before she started to work all day. Before she began neglecting him. Before he became their business tool. Before she stopped caring.

Jimin's POV Flashback

"Mom. Do superheroes exist?"

"Okay, son. Let me tell you this. It's a secret so you better not tell." She giggles playfully and her eyes crinkle with happiness.

"Okay mom." My six year old self says swiping my pinched fingers like I'm zipping up my mouth."

"They say that every 10 years, the king of a galaxy far far away sends one of his messengers to spark a potion in one lucky human. And do you know what the potion is for? It's a superhero potion. For a year that lucky human's eyes turn purple at midnight . Everyday they become stronger, bolder, and much braver than everyone else around them. They don't have any physically attainable powers like turning invisible but they can do so many things. I just can't tell you everything yet. I'll tell you when you're older."

The everything never came. He was older but she never bothered with him, and he was no longer curious about the "stupid story" anymore until seeing April last night.

Jimin looked at April again.

Could it be?

Those purple rims...

Are you perhaps, the superhero my mom used to talk about in her stories ?

AUTHOR's NOTE:

IDK WHERE I GOT THIS IDEA. IVE BEEN READING SO MANY ACTION AND FANTASY AND OTHER TYPED BASED FANFICS SO IDK IF THIS SEEMS TOO TOO SIMILAR TO A DIFFERENT STORY TELL ME ASAP BC I DONT WANT TO GO TO JAIL FOR COPYING! AYE  but an update so whaddup.

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH  FOR 10K READS! IM SO HAPPY PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS :)