seven - losing his fake lover

April was about to collapse. The last few days felt like they were purposefully being prolonged and life in general was just exhausting. From her arranged marriage, to helping out her mother with May's wedding, to her bestfriend's constant nagging about who this Jimin guy was, April's body could no longer tolerate life which kept her occupied 24/7.

As April yawned, heading upstairs finally about to take a nap, she was shaken by her father's deep and angry voice which resonated across the walls of the mansion.

"WHO IS THIS KIM SEOKJIN? I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO MARRY, HE'S AS POOR AS A PEASANT."April froze by the staircase, clutching to wall and listening to her father's rashness. She could picture the one vein bulging on his forehead as he spoke angrily, sending cold shivers down her spine.

"Dad...I'm sorry I can't marry Jimin. I don't...I don't love him." April winced at the crack in May's voice. It was so unlike May.

"THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND LOVE. WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO OFFER TO YOU. HE BARELY HAS A JOB?"

April wasn't surprised to know that May was seeing someone aside from Jimin. Being the inquisitive one, April discovered beforehand that her sister planned to elope with some fellow named: Kim Seokjin. The day followed by the 'rooftop incident' with Jimin, was the day April decided to conduct her own research after discovering her sister's unusual midnight retreats. Her sister made unreasonable excuses such as: "I need some candy from the convenience store" or "I need to buy lotion" in order to escape the mansion. The butler didn't question May nor did their parents who were preoccupied with their business affairs to take notice to the oddity of her excuses, but April knew something was up.

After finally devising a plan to follow May, while going unnoticed, April discovered that during the night May would run away to meet Kim Seokjin at a park 1 hour away from the mansion. April then realized that this "Kim Seokjin" had no clue how much money and power May obtained. He was simply a sweet boy, smart, diligent with two part time jobs, who happened to fall under her beloved sister's spell. April wasn't surprised, May affected people in such a way that kept her slightly envious yet mesmerized.

But April could tell that this "Kim Seokjin" loved May beyond her physical beauty. Just by the way he looked at her, it was obvious that he was in love with her characteristics- the gentleness and sweetness which others rarely witnessed. And April also noticed that May loved this guy just as much as he loved her.

When May was with him she had a whole new aura. She was laughing with her head tilted back, she made jokes, she danced around to mock Kim Seokjin for his "bad dance moves". It was a peculiar sight, as April hadn't seen this side of May since they were children. But in short Kim Seokjin made her happy, and that was something April knew May hadn't truly felt in a long time.

"YOU ARE MARRYING JIMIN AND IT IS FINAL. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU OUT OF ALL PEOPLE, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE LOYAL ONE, THE HEIR. YOU'RE USELESS."

April's eyes averted to the marble flooring and her head stooped low. She was completely guilt ridden as she heard her father's harsh words. April's mother was giving her a chance to escape the arranged marriage whereas she was in love with no one. While her sister was trapped in the arranged marriage and she was deeply in love with Kim Seokjin.

April knew she had to do something. Though through the years she could feel their sisterly bond drifting, April still felt the obligation to protect her older sibling. They were sisters after all. April was always the quiet and naive one. But April knew deep down that May was weaker in a sense, despite the way she presented herself.

April took in the longest breath she could take, because she knew the following words would require courage and nerve she barely withheld. Then hesitantly, she walked towards her sister who was pleading on her knees. Her heart was beating fast and her palms were perspiring like crazy, though the air conditioner was on full blast. She wasn't sure how the words would sound when they would come out, but once they did she sounded firm and confident which was the total opposite of how she felt, "I'll marry him. I'll marry Jimin."

April took her sister into a warm embrace, her sister's tears seeping into her shirt. She hushed May and whispered assuringly that everything would be alright and she could be with Kim Seokjin, which left her father frozen in bewilderment.

April made a huge decision that day, and for once she felt like her existence was of use.