Chapter Eight

Chara sighed. It was late at night three days after her memory of falling came back. She hadn't slept since. She began to cough, dry, raspy coughs that hurt her throat.
Asriel stirred and sat up,"When are you going to tell mom about your cough?"
"Never. It'll get better soon."
"How do you know?"
"I just do Asriel. Go back to sleep."
"But,"he yawned,"I promised to take care of yo-"
Chara waited to make sure he was asleep and got up. She tiptoed to the kitchen to get some milk, when she heard voices spilling through a door. Toriel and Asgore.
"-an leave." Asgore
"Asgore you can't!" Toriel
"But, we'll be free Tori. Free!"
"No Asgore. She's Asriel's best friend."
"He'll meet new monsters. We're letting him out the castle soon anyway."
"It won't be the same for him."
"I don't care! My son doesn't need a human for a friend!"
"So he's your son now. Cute. Real cute Asgore."
"Ugh Tori, why don't you get it? If I do this, we will be above."
"No Asgore. You're not taking Chara's soul."
Chara's heart stopped. She heard Asgore growl and she dove under the table just as he stormed out the room and sat at the table.
"Oh god Tori. Tori why don't you understand why I have to do this? I don't want to. Everyone is counting on me to free them. This is the only way."
Chara held her breath as he walked out the castle. Toriel seemed to be listening to because as soon as the door shut, sobs came out of their room. Chara staggered to her feet, milk forgotten. She sat beside Asriel's bed, watching him until morning.
::::
Asriel woke to Chara staring at him, a haunted look in her eyes.
"What's wrong? Did you have another dream?"
     "It, it's nothing. I'm just, just really tired."
     "Then sleep. I'll wake you if you start to cry out."
     "But,"she protested,"I don't want to." As she was talking she was sinking to the ground, asleep by the last word. Asriel picked her up and regretted it, she had grown since he had last carried her. He set her down on the bed and covered her up.
     "I'm sorry,"he whispered,"but you need sleep."
     He wasn't going to watch her. He wasn't going to wake her if she cried out. He would let her sleep for as long as she could. She would be mad, but he didn't care. She would thank him when she didn't collapse from exhaustion.
     He tiptoed out the room and into the kitchen, seeing Toriel.
     "Oh, hello dear. Where's Chara?"
     "Sleeping. She seemed pretty shaken up this morning."
     Something flashed in his mom's eyes. Was it worry, or, guilt? He shook his head, Chara's her kid, of course she's going to be worried.
     "So, um, mom, I'm worried about Chara."
     "Why? What's wrong?"
     "She's,"oh Chara forgive me,"been having nightmares. Flashbacks, really. And she won't sleep while I'm asleep. I told her that I'd watch her bu-"
     "Why aren't you watching her then?"
     "She needs sleep!"
     "Asriel you promised her. If you said that you'd wake her if she cried out, then you have to keep your promise."
     "Mom I."
     "Go watch her."
     He sighed and walked into his room, not wanting to sit for hours.
      Two hours pats and Chara hadn't stirred at all. Asriel was annoyed with his mom, bored, and hungry. He paced around the room, noticing a book on Chara's nightstand.
     It was a plain blue book with no title. He picked it up and opened it, shocked. The first page was filled with drawings of her attacking two people. Where there wasn't any drawings there was one word, no.

    What is all this?

     he flipped through more pages, all filled with similar scribbles. except for two pages. spread out on these pages was a drawing of the family. Above them was one word, home.

     "What are you doing?"

    Sup peeps. Pretty quick upload eh? Anyway please wish a very happy birthday to my sick sister. Not much else to say today. Stay awesome!

     Vote

     Comment

    Share

     Princess out!

...

.....

THANK YOU FOR 250 READS!!!