Chapter Eleven

"Oi! Chara, moms awake!"
     Asriel watched as his mom's eyelids fluttered. A day had passed since she fainted and she had been asleep the whole time.
     "Ugh." Toriel said,"Asriel? Chara?"
     "Yeah, we're here mom."
     "I had the weirdest dream. You were trapped by, darkness it seemed. Fire came and tried to destroy the darkness, but it failed. The darkness took you away, and I heard something strange, like you, Chara, laughing. Any idea what that could be about?"
     Chara looked nervous, "No clue mom."
     "I don't seem to remember anything about yesterday. Chara! You called me mom!"
     Asriel smiled, seeing how much happier Chara he'd gotten. She must have given up any plans to get free. Unlike her first three days here, she wouldn't stop screaming about having to go home and a brother. It also helps that her nightmares stopped. 
     "Asriel, look what I found."
     She held up a gray rectangle.
     "The video camera! That seems like so long ago."
     "Children, where's Asgore?"
     "I don't know. Chara?"
     She shrugged. Asriel frowned. He couldn't help feeling that his parents didn't love each other as much anymore. And he thinks that Chara knows why.
"So, do you want anything mom?"
"No. I just want to sleep."
He was confused when he didn't laugh at Chara stiffening at Toriel's hug. What's happening to me? He shook his head and walked out to a buttercup patch.
"Hey Asriel."
She tossed the video camera to him. He fiddled with it for a while before turning it on. He growled under his breath and filmed himself crushing a buttercup.
"Gee, someone's mad. What did I do?"
"Nothing,"he lied,"I-I'm just thinking about dad."
"Do you still blame me for that?"
"No, I just wish I could laugh it off. Like you did."
"Oh please. He's fine. Can you turn off the camera?"
"What? Okay."
     He turned it off as she walked slowly towards him, biting her nails.
     "I have to tell, no, ask you something."
     She began to whisper in his ear.
     "What! N-no! Why? Still won't tell. I won't let you. Yes I can! Chara no! We, we can't do this. What about mom and dad? Of course he will care! I can stop you. You wouldn't. What about me? No I won't! It won't be the same! I know, but. Chara stop! I don't want to hear this!"
     He shoved her away. There was a wild, desperate look in her eyes.
     "I don't want to hear another word of your plan!"
     She began to laugh, a high pitched, insane giggle,"You'll do it. I know you will. Because you're my friend."
     She skipped off, laughing all the way.
I won't do it. I won't let her. But, she's right, I am her friend. No! I won't. I won't. I won't! That first day, I told her I'd always protect her in any way possible, even if it means losing her friendship. I said I'd help her. That I'd help her. Oh Chara! You're breaking my heart!

     Shoutout to who ever gets the reference in the last paragraph. An update two days in a row... Don't expect it to happen often. Now we're getting into the action, the backstory you know. If you're looking for another Undertale book check out DanTheGengar's story called Undertale:The Parallel Souls. It's really good and needs more reads. Wow, I just read this a/n and its really random... Meh. Peace out peeps!

     Vote

     Comment

     Share

     Princess out!