6.Avoidance

I quickly walked to my first class after going to my locker. I had avoided Jer so far buy it was only first period so that wasn't saying much.

I entered the classroom and was relieved that o don't have this class with Jer.

I had Lit after and was distraught. On the one hand, I didn't want to skip because never skipped class and it's a bad thing to do and I'm not a bad person but on the other hand I would have to work on the project with Jer. I couldn't go home because my Dad told me I had to go to school.

So ultimately I was screwed.

I slowly walked to Lit dreading going inside.

An idea popped into my head just as I entered and quickly walked to the teacher with a pained expression.

"Eh, sir?"I said quietly.

He looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. "You okay?"

I glance around and spotted Jer sitting his seat reading a book. I kinda felt bad for just leaving him, I mean this was an important project, how were we meant to finish it if I was avoiding him.

"Eh I-i kind of have cramps, can I got to the restroom?"I whispered discreetly touching my stomach to make it believable.

He cringed and nodded. "Yeah sure, take as long as you need," he said. I gave him a pained smile before scurrying out of the class. I sighed in relief and walked to the restroom.

-

At lunch time I decided to sit in the toilet instead of sitting in my normal place knowing he'd be there and by the end of the day I had successfully avoided Jer.

I walked out of the school ready to walk home when someone grabbed my arm.

"What the hell is going on?"Jer asked spinning me around.

I removed my hand from his hold and took a step back.

"I-I'm going home."

"You know that's not what I mean Princess."

I couldn't believe he still couldn't get my name right.

"What do you mean then?" I asked dumbly.

"You haven't been in school for the last two days, when you finally show up to school you don't show up for Lit, I don't see you at lunch and now you're going home when were meant to work on our project."

"W-well I was feeling sick."I shrugged.

"You don't look sick to me Princess. Just tell me what's going on?"

I bit my lip as I look up at him. I couldn't believe this guy was a drug dealer, he actually seemed like he cared about school and education.

His features morph into one of realization.

"What?"I ask quietly.

"You heard something, didn't you? About me? That's why you're avoiding me."

I stayed silent biting my lip.

He sniffed and nodded. "Wanna know how I know? The way you're looking at me. I thought you were the one person who didn't think of me of this delinquent. You were the only one who talked to me while everyone else was too scared to, you were the only one who stood up to me." he said. "On that first day you walked up to me and told me to get up from your seat, I was surprised, no one in this school had ever talked to me like that. I thought I had finally found someone who saw me as an actual person but I guess u was wrong."

He turned away but I pulled him back before he could.

"Jer what was I supposed to think huh? Last week at lunch was you or was you not high?"I asked crossing my arms. Now aware of the fact that people walking by were staring but didn't care.