Chapter 16) I Guess We're Throwing A Halloween Party

L: Herro my dearests :) I finally have some time to spare (well I say that. I'm actually just bored in first hour.) so here's a lil update.

Pic is of-- Adonis

Song for this Chapter-- Colors by Halsey
Enjoy! Comment! Vote!

  Adonis

  Lance stares off into space throughout dinner, although when he did finally come back to reality he was bubbling with giddy enjoyment that I have yet had the pleasure of observing. He compliments my skill in the kitchen, and I'm glad for it. He had rattled off his favorite foods on the walk up to our dorm, and he loves a lot of different foods. I compromise by picking out a few different things that go well together that we have in the kitchen. All in all it turned out pretty well; everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. At least I have the knowledge that they'll all go to bed with full stomachs.

One thing that absolutely twists my insides is seeing someone hungry. When I see people sitting on the sidewalk, I bring them a homemade meal and enough money to feed them for at least a month.

I hope to one day start a business that solely deals with distributing money and food to countries where people cannot afford to eat. I've got my entire life planned out. Graduate college in the next year, start up my business, make the world a better place.

Although... I hadn't really planned on anyone like Lance stepping in and changing my life like he has now. Now he's all I can think about. He's all I want. I spent a good deal of my money I those promise rings, but it was worth it because now I can truly call him mine. But with hardly any money left in my bank account, how can I start putting aside for the kick off of North inc? I could always dip into my savings account...

"Adonis?"

I look up from my empty plate to see Lance standing in front of me.

"Oliver and Nick are about to head back to WVU. I'm going to wave them off, do you wanna come down?"

I think about declining. The dishes still need to be washed and the kitchen cleaned up. And I can tell my baby just wants to sleep...

But the moment I see the pleading look in his eyes, I know that saying no is not an option.

I take his hand and let him lead me downstairs to wave as the couple drives off to the neighboring state. Speaking of..

"Didn't you say you wanted to invite your dad and sister up here for a visit?"

Lance thinks for a second. "That was like six chapters ago... But yeah I guess you're right, I did say that. When is our next break?"

"We have a long weekend November 11-13. Not much, but it's the closest thing." I scratch my head as we head back into the building.

Lance thinks for a moment. "Wait what's today's date?"

  "October 28," Ash offers up. He tugs Brad behind him, seemingly spaced out.

  "WHAT?! It's almost Halloween!! How could I have forgotten?!" Lance gasps, pulling on my hand. "We have to throw a party. Please please please! I've never thrown a Halloween party before! Pretty please, Adonis!"

  I'm taken aback by his sudden outburst of energy, given he looked ready to pass out just a few minutes ago. I consider his proposal. It might be kinda fun...and I'd get to see him in a costume...

  "Okay, sure. Let's do it."

  Lance stops, still holding tight to my hand so that I come to a halt. I turn back to look at him, not knowing what to expect.

  "Ohmygoshthankyouthankyou! IloveyouAdonisyou'rethebest!" He leaps forward, throwing his arms around my neck. I'm momentarily shocked, but by now I suppose I should have expected that. I carry him back up to the room as he rapidly repeats words of thanks and praise. Man this kid really loves Halloween.

  "We can have it at the apartment; I'm sure Elliot won't mind," I grin.

  "Yeah he kinda owes us for turning us into girls..." Brad mumbles.

  "Then it's settled. I'll head down there tomorrow after classes to kick him out. You guys mind doing the shopping?" I ask, putting away the last of the dishes.

  "Of course! We need decorations and apples for bobbing and TONS of pumpkins and and...and costumes!" Lance beams.

  He's just too cute, I swear.

"Okay great. What about food? Anything I can do?"

Lance opens his mouth to answer, but Ash(ley) clamps a hand over his mouth.

"Welllll now that you mention it.....we could do roasted pumpkin seeds, and mummy dogs, and pumpkin dip, and snakes on a stick, and- OH MY GOD I CAN MAKE MY FAMOUS BLACK BREW RUM COCKTAIL!!!"

I cringe as she screams so closely to my ear. Lance doesn't even flinch. Should I be concerned that he's so used to that? I'm about to lecture Ash(ley) on screaming in the building--and so close to someone's ear-- but I don't get the chance because Lance bites Ash's hand until she releases his hold on his mouth. Good, that's my mouth to keep shut.

"Ash is amazing at mixing drinks. Last year, for my birthday, he made me a birthday cake batter martini with sprinkles around the rim of the glass. It was sooooo good. So Ash'll make drinks, Adonis can cook, and I will make the best and cutest Halloween treats this world has ever seen!" He laughs manically and I half expect lightning and thunder to crash behind him.

"What about me?" Brad asks.

We all fall silent. What can Brad do? I've never really seen him do anything. We all seem to have our talents: Ash mixes drinks, I cook, Lance bakes. So what about Brad?

"Y'know, I remember Nicky saying once that you surprised him for his 16th birthday by decorating his entire house with his baseball memorabilia," Lance says.

"Oh yeah..." Ash thinks, "I've seen the pictures. It looked all professionally done."

Brad shrugs by way of answer. Okay, I guess he's decorating. That's that.

Is it just me, or does this seem like it's too easy? Nothing ever goes this well without a hitch. Although I guess Ash is still a girl so...