Chapter 20) Daddy!

L: So sorry! I said I would start updating Sundays and I forgot, of course. I'll get used to it eventually. 

Pic is off-- Mr. Pierce 

Song for this Chapter-- Cold Cold Man by Saint Motel
Enjoy! Comment! Vote!

Lance

  "Dad?!"

  My father stands in the doorway of my dorm room, arms crossed over his chest. Miley, my younger sister, finally gets off of me and strolls back into my room like she own the place.

  "Hi son."

  Suddenly I remember, it's my dad! Whom I haven't seen in months!

  "Daddy!" I squeal, hopping to my feet and throwing my arms around his neck. He pats my back and let's me slide to the floor. "What are you doing here?"

  "I thought I'd come see how you were doing. I haven't heard from you in a while. If Miley hadn't hacked into your Instagram, I never would've known if you were having a good college experience."

  "Aw daddy I'm sorry, I should've called. I was going to invite you up here next weekend- wait Miley hacked into my Instagram?!"

  I push past him into the room and point an accusing finger at my sister. "You little hacker! How did you get in?!"

  "Lance123 is not a secure password."

  I fume, my face turning bright red. Okay I totally need to change all my passwords now. "Nosey brat.." I mumble, pouting.

  "Aw babe, are you pouting?"

  Wait.... Adonis is here?!?!

  Adonis+my dad+Miley+me= oh no...

  What if my dad doesn't like him? What if he disapproves and tells us we can't see each other anymore? Then he'll force me to go to another school far away from Adonis and I'll be all alone and end up being a crazy cat man living all on my own with no one to cook for me!

  "Lance? Are you okay?" My dad questions.

  "Babe?" Says Adonis.

  "I got this," Miley stands from the couch and comes to stand in front of me. She gingerly places her hands on my shoulders....and starts violently shaking me "HEY EARTH TO DOOFUS!!"

  I'm rattled from my nightmarish daydream where I'm being forced to feed my nine cats better food than I got. 

  Adonis takes my hand, brushing his thumb over the promise ring he gave me. I calm instantly, stepping up next to him. "Allow me to introduce everyone. Dad you remember Ash and Brad," I say gesturing to the couple on the couch.

  "Yeah, the spunky red head and the uh, the other one."

  "Spunky?!" Ash gasps.

  "This is Adonis, my...boy...friend. And Adonis this is my dad and sister Miley."

  "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Pierce," Adonis smiles, holding out his hand. That's it baby, turn on the charm.

  "Likewise son," my dad nods, shaking his hand firmly. "That's quite a handshake."

  "Thank you sir, I believe highly in a strong handshake."

  "Good fellow," dad smiles.

  Catch me I might feint! They hit it off! Way to go Adonis!

  "I'm staaaarviiing," Miley whines.

  "That reminds me, dinner is about done. How do you feel about sushi?" Adonis asks, heading into the kitchen.

  Luckily, my family worships sushi.

  Dinner goes smoothly, with light chatter and a bit of laughter. It feels like home..

  "So Mr. Pierce, are you staying in town?"

  "Yes, in fact, we're right around the corner. A nice fellow is renting us his apartment for the week while he heads out on business. I told him my name and he lit up like a Christmas tree. Didn't seem familiar to me though.."

  Everyone freezes save for my dad and sister.

  "An apartment you say?" I squeak nervously.

  "Not above a bookstore by any chance?" Ash adds.

  "Quite so in fact. Why?"

  It goes quiet. Damn it Elliot..

  "Don't sit on the couch," Brad mutters under his breath. 

  My face lights up bright red and I click my chopsticks together.

  Adonis explains to my family that his brother is the owner of both the bookstore and the apartment. They nod, but don't seem to understand our reactions.

  Dad gives up on asking and helps Brad clean up. Honestly, I never help do the dishes. I wonder why that is.

  Oh yeah, cuz I'm lazy as fuck.

  "Oh Lance, I almost forgot," my dad says, "You're sister and I have a little surprise for you."

  "A surprise! For me? Aw you shouldn't have!" I blush.

  Miley heads into my bedroom (thank god I cleaned it this morning.) She comes back carrying-

  "Tigger! My child!" I run up to her and take the fluffy feline from her arms.

  "We figured you'd missed her. Plus Miley was getting tired of having to take care of your cat."

  "Aw thanks daddy! But...animals aren't allowed in the dorms," I frown, running my fingers through his soft fur. It's a little matted...someone needs a bath soon.

  "True, but do you ever follow the rules?"

  I beam at them, squeezing Tigger gently.

  "All of his stuff is in your room. Food, food bowls, litter box, litter for the litter box, window perch, toys, all of it."

  "Jesus how much does one cat need?" Adonis asks in disbelief.

  "Everything! Tigger is my little baby, I treat him like the prince he is."

  "Yeah well be grateful," Miley grumbles, "I nearly threw him into traffic once or twice."

  "You did throw him into traffic. Three times," Dad rolls his eyes.

  We wave them off after everything is settled and the room is quiet. Adonis lifts me onto his lap and I melt into him, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck. He rubs my back gently. Tigger jumps into my lap, immediately erupting into a fit of purrs. I could fall asleep like this...so I do.

  The next few days go by without trouble. My dad and sister tag along out to dinner and such after I get done with classes. By Thursday they're ready to head home. I convince them to stay until Saturday, so that they can come to the football game. Buffy and Liana invited us to watch the Colorguard/band performance at half-time so what's the harm in bringing my family?

Next time on Adonis...

  What could go wrong?

  "DID YOU JUST CALL ME A WHORE?!"

  "BRING IT BITCH!"

  "YOU'RE GOING DOWN CHICKEN NUGGET!"

  "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME, COW?!?!"