Chapter 26) Summer Mother

L: So summer vacation is right around the corner! I don't know about you guys but I am totally excited! Whoop whoop!

Pic is of-- Adonis

Song for this Chapter-- Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles
Enjoy! Comment! Vote!

  Adonis

  Things are finally settling down around here. Finals are just about over with, and Lance's tryouts are also done save for a few practices in the next few weeks and a week long camp in June. For now, though, he's all mine. Considering that we have all been spending our time studying (or for the rest of them involved in sports, practicing) I decided it was about time we had a sort of "family dinner" in the dorm. With all my intro to business classes, extra statistics tutoring (me being the tutor), and a few extracurricular trips to the local businesses for interviews and such for my portfolio, I haven't had the time to cook dinners for everyone. I can't let my Lance keep living off of fast food and microwave dinners. It hurts my heart everytime I see him come home with a Mcdonalds or Burger King bag. My baby should be eating like a king.

  So, given this was the first day of summer and last day of classes, I made the executive decision to do something special for him. I would love more than anything to whisk him away to Elliot's apartment and cook for him there so that it could be just the two of us...but Lance always seems happiest surrounded by friends and family. So I arranged a little surprise for him.

    Tigger, Lance's Mainecoon, rubs figure eights around my legs as I stand at the stove. Everything was going perfectly. The side's were all prepared, the main dish was currently sizzling on the pan in front of me, and my best attempt at a pie sat waiting in the oven. A fresh bottle of Chardonnay was ready to be opened in the fridge, and I had even brought the crystal glasses from Elliot's. The living room furniture had been moved against the furthest walls, a large red rug had been spread on the floor in front of the fireplace which was lit with a warm glow, decorative pillows were strewn about the floor, and placesettings for about 13 people (given that they all show up as I had planned) sat in a wide but comfortable circle on the rug.

  "Mrowwwww~"

  "No. No steak for you kitty, sorry. This is for your Daddy."

  "Meow?"

  "Yes for Lance. If you're good, though, I'll slip you some salmon."

  "Meow~ Meow~"

  "Exactly, so be on your best behavior."

  "Are you...talking to the cat?" Says a familiar voice from behind me.

  "No...yes. Like you have any room to talk Ash, I heard you whispering to a bag of skittles like it was the 'one ring to rule them all'."

  "They were my favorite flavor!"

  "Whatever you say Gollem. Now do you remember what I told you this morning?"

  "Operation don't touch anything and keep Lance distracted until you text me the signal is a go!"

  I nod in approval and he dashes out of the dorm to catch Lance as he leaves his last class of the semester.

  Brad calls me moments later from the airport and assures me all the guests are with him except for the few driving. I thank him quickly and try to keep an eye on the stove as I send out a few more last minute texts. Everything has to be perfect tonight. Believe it or not, its only about four months short of Lance and I's one year anniversary. The last eight months with him had been amazing, albiet quick. He deserved this night off.

  People began to arrive one by one save for one little red head and the guest of honor. I make a show of introducing myself using the best etiquette and most polite words possible to those I hadn't quite officially met. Once everyone understands the plan, I shoot Ash a text and he assures me their starting back towards the dorm. That morning I had given Ash a handful of bills and instructed him to take Lance shopping for a few hours so we could set everything up.