Chapter 5

Cameron's POV

"A MONTH!" Alison yelled into the phone.

"Yeah, I know. But just wait, it'll be over with so fast." I assured her.

"No, Cammy! A month is a long time. And you're spending it with another girl." Alison sighed.

One month is a while. I'm definitely going to miss Alison a lot but it's for a grade, so I can't just drop out.

"So, who's your partner anyway?" Alison asked. Well, she's going to yell.

"Well, it's going to be Bianca." I mumbled.

"WHAT! BIANCA THE GIRL THAT GETS BEATEN UP EVERYDAY!" I winced, even though I knew she was going to overreact.

"Alison, calm down. She's really cool and it's just one month. We will be together soon. I promise." I said.

"Really cool? She gets made fun of every day. She literally has no friends and-"

"Look," I cut her off. "I don't wanna argue with you. She is just my fake wife for a month, and she's more than just an outsider. She's a person and I'm going to take this project seriously and befriend her." I said.

"Ok, fine. I don't wanna argue either. I just don't want you gone for that long." She said and I could envision her pout from over the phone.

"Look, me either but it's just in San Diego. And, I have to go since it's a class thing. I love you babe." I said.

"Love you too. I'll be cheering for you, tonight. Talk to you after the game, okay?"

"See you later, bye Alison." I hung up my phone and flung it on my bed.

Might as well start packing. I grabbed my suitcase and started to load a month's worth of clothes into it.

I was really looking forward to getting to know Bianca. I want to be a friend to her. And not just for charity either, to actually be a person that she could be close too.

I finally finished packing all my bags and loaded them into the car. I went back in the house and put on my football gear. It's time for the 'Sunset Hens' to kick 'Princely Grizzlies' butt.

*

"Oh, and Cameron going long, dodging, running, and running for a ... TOUCHDOWN! The Hens win 24-20!" I heard the announcer scream into the microphone.

The crowd went wild as I made the winning touchdown. I did my victory dance, as the football team ran over to me.

"Cameron! Cameron! Cameron!" Everyone chanted and patted my back to congratulate me.

"Cammy!" I heard a voice coming closer from behind me. Alison jumped onto my back and I spun her around.

"Baby! Great job" She pecked me on the lips.

"Thanks. Hope you know that I'd like more than a simple peck. You know, since we are not going to be together for a whole month and all." I winked.

She giggled as she leaned in and kissed my lips again. "I don't wanna get you sick. I think I have a cold coming on." She smiled.

"Awe. Baby's getting sick." I cooed, hugging tighter her by the waist.

"I'm going to miss you." She sighed.

"I'll miss you more baby." I kissed her on the cheek.

Seconds later her phone went off, "Awe, my ride's here. I gotta go Cammy." She plucked out her bottom lip and pouted.

"We will be together very soon. I promise, baby." I assured her.

"I know, Love you. Text me and call me everyday."

"How could I not? I need to hear your voice everyday. And I love you too baby. I'll text you tomorrow, okay?" I asked.

She nodded as I gave her another hug and a kiss on the cheek. She waved and ran off the football field towards the direction of the gates.