Chapter 24

Cameron's POV

"Alison?" I asked, I could literally see the smirk on her face from over the phone.

"Hey baby, I miss you." She whispered.

"You know you're a straight up bitch, right?" I growled, ruffling through my hair.

"Mhm, the same straight up bitch, you said you loved and wanted to stay with forever, right?" She asked, laughing at the end.

"I don't and never did love you!" I said, pounding my hand on the desk.

"Yes you do. Just say it, I know you love me." She spat.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't love you, you're a fucking psycho." I said.

"Maybe, but I only because you're the one that's driving me crazy Cammy." She said.

I sighed, she had no right to call me that anymore, furthermore she had no right to be messing with my life. Alison had been texting and calling me for the past week.

She hadn't told me directly but I knew she was probably the one that did something to Bianca. I have tried to find her, but all my attempts didn't work out.

I dialed 911, waiting for the answer. "911, what's your emergency?" The operator asked.

"I would like to report a kidnapping." I said, biting on my nails.

"Do you know the person who has gone missing?"

"She is my girlfriend. Bianca Braxton, age 15." I said, giving more information then I was asked.

"Can you come down to the police station?" She asked. I nodded, not realizing she couldn't see me, and hung up the phone.

I raced into the Oakland police station. "How may I help you?" A smiling lady asked.

"I called about the kidnapping of Bianca Braxton." I said, tapping my fingers on the counter anxiously.

"Yes, follow me." She said, walking down a hallway. I followed, picking up my pace to catch up with her.

She stopped at the front of a door, opening it a crack. "Detective agency? We have someone." She said, and then widened the passageway to let me in the room.

About 20 people were in here, some typing on computers and others printing things.

A lady turned around in her chair, motioning me over to her table.

"You're a little young, aren't you?" She asked.

"I am 16 and I have a problem." I said, ignoring her smart comment. She nodded, getting out a notepad and a pen.

"Name?" She asked. "Cameron Miller." I said.

"What's the issue that you need help with?" She asked.

"My girlfriend was kidnapped a few days ago." Her eyes widened, she was probably surprised. What, did she think was here to make shit up?

"Tell me more." She asked, tapping her pen on her notepad.

"Well, she was recently admitted in the hospital so I called the hospital, to check if she was okay. Her scream sounded in the background and that's when the doctors checked they said she wasn't there." I got out. She nodded, writing the stuff down.

"What's your girlfriend's name?" She asked.

"Bianca Braxton." I said. She nodded again, typing it on the laptop.

The page loaded, as I nibbled on my nails.

The wait was intense and I only wanted one thing: my baby safe, with or without me.

"Um, Cameron?" The detective asked.

I looked at her and nodded, wondering what she found.

"Seems, your girlfriend was found and is currently readmitted to hospital. Her conditions are worse than they were a week ago due to her um.. attempted suicide."

All the horrible emotions I was feeling at that moment intensified, it became almost unbearable.

Who knew she had it that bad? I had absolutely idea she was going through so much, that she'd want to hurt herself.

This is all my fault. I should have been more cautious with what was going on with her.

And the worst boyfriend of the year award goes to? No, it was me, I wasn't even deserving of an award even though the title was as much of a disgrace as I was.

I stood up, quickly thanking the lady and immediately rushed to the hospital.

**

Seconds, minutes, hours passed by but the doctors weren't able to give a definite statement on what's happening to her.

What if she didn't survive?

Would I be able to?

Was I crazy to say I've fallen in love?

That I was pretty sure I'd met my soulmate?

My thoughts were snapped out of my mind when a doctor came rushing over to me.

"What is going on? Is she going to be okay?" I asked.

"We ran many tests, we don't think she will make it through this one. It's a shame, she was so young and strong. Everyone loved her here." The doctor sighed.

"Are you sure she's gone?" I asked, tears welling in my eyes.

"She has the smallest percent chance of survival. It would be a miracle if she lived. If she survived though, she'd most likely be comatose for a few months or years even." The doctor explained.

It's okay, I'd be willing to wait that long.

"Can I see her?" I questioned. "Go ahead. Room 31."

I rushed down the hallway, stopping at the door of the room. I cracked it open, but the room was dark, just the glow from outside that seeped in.

She was surrounded by a bunch of machines, monitors flashing different colors, numbers and patterns.

She had a 'Get Well' balloon tied to the headboard of her bed and a few teddy bears lying next to her.

I walked closer to the bed, Bianca was wrapped up in the sheets. I couldn't see her face since they were covered up and I didn't feel like turning on the lights or bothering her from her slumber.

I felt lost, I didn't know what to do. I could only be here like I'd promised her.

My promise to myself was already broken, her smiles ceased to happen and if they did they were always lifeless.

"You should talk to her." I jumped at the sight of one of Bianca's nurses.

"What do you mean?" I asked, wiping my tears away.

"Well, if this is your final goodbye to her, speak to her. She won't answer but she knows what you're saying. She can hear you." She answered, walking out the room.

I sighed, it's worth a try. I sat down in the chair next to the bed, looking at her brittle body.

"Bianca? It's me, Cameron. I heard you tried to harm yourself and I'm sorry I wasn't a good enough boyfriend that you'd felt like you needed to. I should have asked about how you were feeling more so your feelings wouldn't be bottled up inside of you," I sniffled, bringing my hands up under my nose to stop it from running.

"I love you so much and if you make it through this, I promise you I'll make it up to you. Please, wake up. For me, for your sister, for your father and for your mom even. If no one else cares about you, I do. I love you, Bianca. Get well soon... please." I whispered the last part to her, kissing her cheek.

I looked at the monitor, tears pouring out of my eyes. The machine got slower and slower by the second, giving me less and less hope.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

THE END