Chapter Six: The Rocks Against my Window

Days passed drearily, and with each new day, came no new treatment. I was always locked in my bedroom, staring at the walls and letting my imagination run wild.

Often, I'd look to my left and stare at the door that led to my small bathroom, and a slight tug to my heart always had me frowning at it curiously.

Since the door was locked and bolted, I had to use the bathroom across the hall, which didn't really bother me all that much. Mom had said that the toilet was under repair, yet after almost two weeks of staying at home, no repair technician or plumber had walked in. I honestly never left the bed since my mom always would wring her hands nervously and have her eyes dart sideways almost every three seconds (Mom's edginess pushed me to feel nervous, so I prefered to stay in my bedroom anyway) each time I had left the confines of my bedroom, so there was no way he'd come in unsuspectingly.

I threw my head against my pillow and closed my eyes, my thoughts drifting to my mother. Atleast she had stopped bringing in flowers. I don't think it was the air that had suddenly grown thick with the stench, or the fact that half of them almost died instantly since they weren't in sunlight, that made her stop bringing them. I think it was that there was literally no space to put another vase in. I always had to watch my step so I didn't accidentaly knock into one.

When I had, in that one rare time I had actually gotten up out of bed, and my hand had hit the vase sending it flying, Mom had almost barged down the door too get inside. It should have been comical, but I couldn't find it in me to laugh.

I yawned. My thoughts were never interesting, always varying from what had happened that sent me to hospital, to the way my mother acts, and finally to why I saw Cobalt standing there with such expressive eyes. In the middle of those thoughts, I heard the click of my door and shifted to see it open.

My mother stood, hair tied at the base of her neck with a few strands falling to frame her face. Tiny things I noticed had changed in my mother. The way she dressed, how she held herself and the way she spoke to me.

It was almost loving, something I thought my mother would never hold in her heart. It was often, like these, that I would just stare at her, seeing the contrasts of my past mother and the present one that stood before me.

They were so different, that it stole my breath.

"Teal? I have fantastic news," my mother spoke enthusiastically, smiling like a little girl on Christmas.

"What is it?" My voice was so monotonous, it almost sounded robotic.

"I called up Eastwood Highschool, you know the one across from the Police Station? They said they'd love to have you!" The giant grin that threatened to split my mothers face widened. "They also offered me a spot as a teacher there too."

I bolted upright. "Already? Bu- I can't- I haven't even gotten the things from my locker at Werrington."

"Oh don't worry about that, I picked it all up the same day I quit my job."

"But isn't it too soon?"

"You've been lying in bed for almost two weeks, you're more than capable of going to school." This was the first time I had ever seen my mother talk firmly to me without the waterworks following after her.

Any other objections died in my throat at her valid reason. The reason I didn't want to move was because Eastwood High, was definitely worse. There were rumors that half of the kids attending there, were all in a gang. That they carried knives in their back pocket, and that one of these kids had pulled it out to chop one of the teachers fingers when they put him on detention.

Blueजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें