imagine #7

It's prom season and you don't even know who you're going to ask yet.
"y/n just go with your friends!". mom said while helping you find a dress.
"I'm thinking about just doing that".
"What about Dave? who is he going to the prom with? maybe you can go with him!". mom said happily.
You and Dave have been best friends since the third grade, you both told each other everything. Their was once a time he wanted to be more than friends but you didn't want to be getting into anything serious. Considering it was only in the seventh grade.
"Maybe I'll ask him, but there are like 20 other girls wanting to go with him to the prom, I probably have no chance with him".
"Just ask him, you'll never know unless you ask". Mom said while standing up and walking outside.
You smiled and continued to look for a dress.
There was all of a sudden a knock on the door.
"I'll get it!". You yelled as you ran to the door. 
You opened it too see Dave holding roses and a poster that said,
"Will you go to the prom with me?".
Your eyes widened as you saw him.
"So, what's your answer?". He said while smiling.
"It's a yes, I will definitely go to the prom with you!". you said while hugging him.
"oh yeah, and one more thing."
"What is it?". you asked.
"So I know back in the seventh grade you didn't want to get serious with dating, so now that it's senior year, would you like to be my girlfriend?".
"Yes, Yes! I will be your girlfriend!".
"y/n?".
"Yes Dave?".
"I love you".