27

the day after the exchange of him and her, she returned, looking as haggard as ever.

"well look at you," she condescended, "a week of being gone and you're looking worse than you already are."

laughter exploded from the whole room but he silenced them.

"just stop it already. you don't even know who she really is on the inside. you keep on picking on her just because of how she looks like? just because she wears huge glasses and reads a lot of books? that's so stereotypical. or maybe because she ranks higher than all of you. is that it? you bully her because you are all jealous of her? huh?"

the whole room was silent at what he just said.

"hey, stop it. it's okay, i'm okay." she whispers behind him. she doesn't like being the center of attention.

"no. this has to stop. they can't just do this to you whenever they feel like it. they have to stop putting you down just to make themselves feel better. and you also have to stand up for yourself. you shouldn't let them do this to you." he told her.

"b-but i deserve it." she whimpers.

"no, you don't! you're the-"

"let her talk, jackson. let's see what she has to say for herself." she smirked.

he looked at her confused but nodded to let her speak.

"i- uh- i- um." she stumbled upon her words, too embarrassed to talk.

she just crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows challengingly. he waited patiently for her to speak.

"i- i can't do this." she grabbed her things and ran out the door of the classroom. he followed right behind her.

"oh well. see guys? she's just a plain, useless, nerd." she sat down as the teacher entered the classroom.

--

oml im so drained right now.
i'm gonna end this at around...chapter thirty- ish??
we'll see idk
thanks for the votes and comments btw :))