39

she isn't ready, but she has to, if she wants to save her grades. she had missed a lot, she knows. it sucks having to deal with school with all the weight on her shoulders.

as she enters the school building, she keeps her head down. if i dont look at anyone in the eye, they wont see me.

she takes small shaky steps on the way to her locker. so far, so good. no one had noticed her, yet. she reaches her locker.

she looks around to see if anyone had seen her, but it was a mistake. the moment she lifted her eyes from the ground, they met his. she noticed how the corner of his mouth lifted up in greeting. she instantly looks away. it hurts. so fucking much. she blinks rapidly to stop the tears from falling.

how does he have the nerve to do that? how does he act like nothing happened? he's not supposed to acknowledge her, right? even though she wants him to, but why now? after all these fucking months? she clenched her jaw and sighed. whatever.

"hey look guys, the nerd's back!" someone said. do these people ever take a break?

"what's up, loser?"

"why does your face look like that? oh wait, that's how you naturally look like. whoops."

"rubbish clothes aren't allowed here, you know."

"orphans aren't allowed here." she smirks, "dumbasses too." they laugh.

"how is your mom, by the way?" she is quiet. please, not now. "oh wait a sec, is she-" she looks at her and notices her sad face, "she's dead! oh yeah," she laughs a little bit, "im so sorry i forgot."

"aww. nerdy's gonna be alone!"

"you'll have no one with you anymore." someone laughs.

"the little shit is already alone at school, and is gonna be alone at home! how great."

"now no one loves you," she looks at her dead in the eye, "and no one ever will.

because you're a nerd. just worthless trash. you're a useless, worthless, pathetic piece of shit no one will ever love."

she just stares, too tired to even do something. she's too exhausted to deal with this. so she just stares, as the people laugh and point at her. this is just stupid. all so stupid.

they laugh, point, and make fun of her. but she is immune. she is used to it. she can take only so much of their bullying. sometimes she just wants to laugh with them, because they are right. she is useless, worthless, and a piece of shit. no one likes shit.

she lets out a shaky breath, and took the risk. she looks sideways and sees him, void of emotion. he just watches, beside his friends who are laughing. he stares back, and she thought she saw him move to approach her, but his friends pulled him with them as the bell rang.

and that is when the waterworks finally start.

-
shit it's three a.m. right now
i gotta sleep
next chapter is the last chapter!
:D