The New You (pt. 1) - Jerome

Starting a new life means adapting to the city. It has been 2 months since Jerome got sent to Arkham. If he got out now he probably wouldn't even recognize you. When he left you, you were a shy girl. Never did much to stand up for herself, was very conservative and innocent. Now here you are, strutting through the streets of Gotham in a tight shirt and black stilettos. Let's not forget about the pistol that was tucked into the back of your pants. In the few months you have lived in Gotham people learned not to mess with you. You knew how to get what you wanted and no one was going to get in your way. Tonight in particular you weapon of choice was a baseball bat. The metal was cold in the palm of your hand as your heels clicked down the dark streets of Gotham. Guys watched and sent wolf whistles your way when you passed. You kept walking and ignored them, tonight you had something on your agenda. One of Penguin's men  found you on the street and told you about a job, some guy who worked for Fish is auctioning off girls as sex slaves. Cat had given you the info on where to find him. Once at his building you walked around back to an old window, lifting your baseball bat you smashed through the glass. Break off remaining shards from around the edges you crawled through the window and snuck downstairs. Your man was there sitting at a large oak desk counting his money.

He lifted his head when you walked in, "Hey there beautiful, what can I do for ya?" he said smiling a wretched smile that showcased his crooked yellow teeth. This man was disgusting. 

"I was wondering if you could help me with a little problem I'm having" you said in a seductive tone as you walked towards him. "You see, this big scary man won't leave me alone and I want him to go away"

The man sat up and was fully engulfed in your act. He shifted a little in his seat and licked his lips before speaking, "I would be happy to help you with your little problem but it's going to cost you" he said as he eyed you up and down.

You reached behind you and when your arms came above your head you took aim. The man's eyes widened in surprise. The next thing you know the wall behind him is colored a nice shade of crimson. Tucking the gun back into your pants you grab the bat and head towards Penguins to gather your bounty. On the way a T.V. in one of the shop windows shows "breaking news, inmates escape from Arkham. If seen call police immediately" you pause and look at the pictures flashing by. Your heart flutters when a familiar ginger fills the screen. 

A week later you were walking through the streets of Gotham when a hooded figure whistles at you, like always you ignore them and keep walking. Only this time the figure blocks your path.

"Hey beautiful, why don't you come home with me and we could have some fun, whatya say?" he asks.

"Are you asking for me to use your blood as paint?" you retort in an assertive tone and turn to walk away.

"wow princess, I thought gingers were supposed to be the feisty ones" he says

You instantly turn around recognizing the voice, "Jerome?!" 

He looks up revealing his face from under the hood, "Hey keep it quiet princess, don't you know I'm a wanted felon." He says with a wink. Once out of sight he takes his hood off. Revealing his trademark smile and ginger hair. He looks at you studying your face in person for the first time in months, "A lot has changed since I got locked up hasn't it?"