Fragile - Ed Nygma

Yet another night, walking down the cold streets of Gotham with a fresh bruise on my cheek. Im such an idiot, I'm smarter than to let this guy keep treating me this way. I keep walking, letting my subconscious guide me to where I know I will inevitably end up. My legs are shaky and I'm trying to keep my mind focused on not tripping in my 4 inch heels. At this point I can't tell if I'm shivering or shaking from adrenaline, probably both. I didn't have time to grab a jacket before leaving the house and I'm only in shorts and a tank top. The tears falling down my swelling cheeks don't help to keep me warm. I walk towards the apartment building in the middle of town. Making my way up a few flights of stairs I shakely knock on the large door. Just as I was about to knock again, deducting that my first attempt was extremely weak and inaudible, the door opens. Revealing a tired looking Edward Nygma standing in his flannel pajama bottoms and a white tee shirt. He is about to say something then looks to see that it's me. Looking up at him I know that I look like a hot mess with makeup running down my face and multiple new bruises forming on my body. I try keep the tears from falling. I had just gotten them to stop on the way up the stairs, but one slipped and more came with it. Without saying a word he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his apartment closing the door behind us before giving me a hug. We stayed like that for a good couple minutes before he pulled away and moved the hair from my face. As he took in the new purple blotch forming on my cheek his face took on a serious and solemn expression.

"Why do you let him treat you this way y/n? You're so much smarter than to go back to him when he does this to you."

He keeps his hand under your chin, making you look at him while waiting for you to answer.

"I want to leave but then I would be starting over. We've been together since high school. My parents loved him and couldn't wait to see the day we got married and started a family. Then they died and I thought the only thing I could do was to make them happy by being with him, even after he changed. He was the first person I loved Ed."

More tears fell as you finished your confession. Ed once again pulled you into an embrace.

...

Everything had been going so well for you and Ryan. You started dating your sophomore year in highschool and had been together since. Unlike most high school couples you guys made it through college. Your parents couldn't be more happy with him. You had the perfect Barbie and Ken relationship. That is until your parents died. Both you and Ryan fell into a depression. He started drinking to suppress his emotions. You tried to help him cope but first you needed to help yourself. Things just kept going downhill from there. After a few months you came to the realisation that you no longer loved him. That was when you got a job at the GCPD, you were the new medical examiner. You met Ed and became fast friends. He couldn't have been more happy that you didn't mind, even encouraged, him working with you in the lab. Apparently the last medical examiner got him suspended for doing so. Meeting Ed was when you realised that things used to be different for you and Ryan, he used to treat you like Ed does. Edward became the person you went to when Ryan hurt you. It had become an all too regular thing. So regular that you had a spare set of clothes at Ed's place.

...

Ed pulled back and had you sit on the bed while he got your spare set of pajamas from his dresser. 

"What happened this time?", He asked as he walked into the other room to give you some privacy.

"He was drunk and horny but I refused to have sex with him, I told him that I didn't want to do this any more. That I was going to leave. He didn't take to kindly to that idea and started yelling and hitting me."

You finished getting dressed by pulling a large shirt over your head that went down to the bottom of your gym shorts. You pulled your hair out from under the shirt and walked into the room Ed was in. He was standing by the window looking out at the cityscape. He turned and started walking towards you, up until he was inches away from your body. He placed his hands on your hips and looked at you.

"I could treat you so much better than he ever could.", He said before he kisses you. To say you didn't enjoy this would be a big fat lie. You always knew that Ed had a thing for you, I mean why else would he let you crash at his place at 2am? I guess all this needed was a push.

"I know you could Ed", You say as you both pull away. "You've already done so much more than he ever could" You rested your head against his shoulder as you both just stood there taking in the lights of the city. That night you fell asleep in the arms of the only person you would want to be with.

*sorry, not sorry for the fluff*