Where is he? - Victor Zsasz

You couldn't help the feeling of joy radiating from your body as you walked through the glum dirty streets of Gotham. Today was one of those days you felt happy for no apparent reason. You took satisfaction as the form fitting outfit clung to your body. You weren't one for bodysuits seeing as they were a bitch to get off, so instead you settled for industrial strength pants and a tee shirt. Your knee high combat boots made no sound as you walked down the murky back alley. Weaponry bounced against your thigh as you climbed the fire escape to the 5th floor of the upscale office building. With practiced skill you slid a knife under the window latch and lifted it, soon finding your feet on a luxurious carpet probably produced from child labor in some foreign country. Your stomach clenched in disgust, you were going to take extra pleasure in this job.

You were here for some big time corporate CEO who you didn't bother learning the name of, he was going to be dead soon anyway so what did it matter? Taking a look around the large office you see that everything is a display of the man's wealth and power. Compensating much?

You took your time meandering too his desk since he was out enjoying his lunch break. Looking at all his glittering possessions as you went. If I pocketed some of this I would have my rent covered for the next year, You thought. Though you knew better, it would be stupid to make such a juvenile move that would consequently lead to your arrest. You took a seat in the large plush chair behind the desk. Shuffling through his papers while you waited. Opening a drawer you found several angry letters from who seems to be his newly divorced ex wife. He had cheated on her with not one, but several of his secretaries. What a lovely guy, note the sarcasm.

You sat and you waited, watching as the hands of the clock made there way around. How long is this guy's lunch break? You were starting to wonder if this was a setup when all of a sudden there were gunshots in the hallway. Shit, someone else is here for him. You stood up, about to go out for your bounty before someone stole it from under you. Just as you removed your gun from the holster the office door busted open revealing none other than Victor Zsasz. Standing a good 15 feet apart a confused tension settled over the room as you both held guns positioned to kill. It was silent for a minute as he realised that you were here for the same reason him and yet, you were not with the man and did not seem to know where he was. His eyes flickered around the room, meeting yours in an intense stare off. You were keeping your composure but looked just as confused as he did. The gun in your hand did not waver, instead held perfectly steady at his chest.

"Where is he Y/N?" Zsasz asks, annoyance prominent in his tone.

"I could ask you the same thing, but it's obvious you wouldn't know" You replied with hostility.

These jobs sustained you just long enough to make it too the next one. You couldn't afford to have Zsasz jump in and taking your gig.

"I swear Y/N, if you are hiding him from me, I will shoot you" His finger swirled near the trigger as he glared at you.

"I'm not hiding him Victor" You stated with a tone that implied, you should know better.

It quickly dawned on you that you had called him by his first name, something you probably shouldn't have done. You saw his chest inflate, accentuating his rock like demeanor. Well shit, if he wasn't pissed before. He is now.

"Then where is he" his tone was noticeably less threatening, catching you a little off guard. When his name left your lips it reminded him like a slap in the face that you were on the same playing field and just trying to make a living. This wasn't your fault.

"I told you, I don't know. He should have been here by now. Maybe you scared him away with your little shoot out you had going in the hallway." Neither of you had lowered your weapons and much too your dismay, your arm was starting too get tired.

Zsasz let his arms fall to his sides in a animated motion. You lowered your gun as well, holding it at your side. He paced the room in front of you before landing his palms on the desk, causing a loud smack too echo the space.

He leaned forward, "then we seem to have a problem"

Beyond the open door you could see a small group of people in black who looked equally as menacing as Zsasz. Their eyes stared daggers into you as the bodies of people refusing to evacuate lie at their feet. Coming up the hallway was one more of his men, he swiftly entered the room and whispered some information into Zsasz ear before returning to stand with the group. Zsasz straightened his posture and punched the wall causing you too jump ever so slightly.

He made brief eye contact with you, "Someone else got to him before us" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first thing I have written since summer started, I hope it's not super crappy. I was thinking of maybe doing a part 2? That is if I ever got around to it but if you're interested then leave a comment saying so.