*2* The Dean

We were sitting outside the Dean's office, and Chloe was freaking out, "Chloe, chill out," Beca said, "It was a mistake." "They're not gonna burn us for witchcraft." I continued. "I know Blue but the National A Cappella Association is in there talking to the Dean about us,"Chloe kept panicking, "And who knows what's gonna happen?"
" We won three championships. whatever happens in there, we're gonna be fine." I said trying to lighten the mood. "Maybe it's time to think about other stuff." Beca shrugged. "What other stuff?" Chloe asked confused. " You know, school, jobs, life." Beca suggested, she did have a point, I could become a personal trainer, bike racer or a guitarist, I don't want to keep thinking about this group and I know Beca is thinking about working at a record place, but Chloe doesn't know that and I don't think Beca's going to tell anyone else any time soon.

"This group is my life." Chloe was pacing in front of us, "I've intentionally failed Russian Lit three times so I could be a Bella. This is the worst thing that's ever happened to us." She said, sitting in between Flo and Beca, I was next to Beca. Flo looked at her and said " You know, before coming to Barden, I had diarrhea for seven years." Oh we really needed to know that, I said in my head. " But yes, this is terrible. " She finished. The Dean's assistant came over and said to us, "The Dean is ready for you tramps."

"Ladies, you have dragged the good name of Barden University into the gutter." The Dean was saying to us as we stood in front of him, John and Gail, "And you've really upset these people whose names I've already forgotten."
" Your little southern exposure in front of our Commander-in-Chief has irreparably damaged the entire institution of a cappella." John said, "Blew it up." Gail said miming an explosion. " Funding is drying up, sponsors are pulling out. Unfortunately, an example must be made." John said. " It is the decision of this governing body, that the Bellas are hereby suspended from competing at the collegiate level." Gail continued.Beca didn't really look like she cared, Fat Amy and everyone else were confused, I was glaring at John and Gail and Chloe looked like a fish out of water, "What?" She said.

" The terms of your suspension are laid out in this document. I'm sorry, but it's over." Gail said holding out a file, Chloe stepped forward took it and stepped back still gaping in horror. Beca interrupted " Hi. Okay, can we be reasonable? Fat Amy apologized." Beca gestured at Fat Amy, who nodded looking very ashamed. "This was an accident."
"Was it?" Gail asked. " You're taking us off of our victory tour?" Chloe said "Who's gonna sing the national
anthem at the Puppy Bowl?"
" You're being replaced by the European champions. A German group of total professionals." Gail answered. " In other words, they're gonna keep their pants on." John stated rudely. " So we can't defend our title and we can't tour?" Chloe wasn't giving up on this one. " And you can't
hold any auditions. "We don't need your ranks to grow like a fungus." Dean said. " So that's it, then? So, basically, the Bellas are over?" Chloe looked like she was about to cry.

" Look, ladies, I'm sorry that this disciplinary action has shocked you." John said, "Especially since you're all seniors. But the truth is, you're just women." I put my hand on Chloe's shoulder. Gail shook her head and said "No..." John continued, " And you'll all be pregnant soon." Twat, I thought.

"Hold on," Chloe sounded excited, " There is nothing in here that strips us of our national title. And if we're still reigning champs, then we are automatically invited to represent America at the World Championships this spring."
" Yes, the World Championships of A Cappella," Gail said, " where, every four years, groups from around the globe compete for world domination."
" Well, look, ladies, we can't stop you from going to the Worlds competition." John said, "It's not gonna help you your case here"
"Not at all." Gail said

"What if we win it?" I asked stepping forward. "What if we win it?" John said mocking me. "Like you... You outperform the other groups?" He laughed, " How do you fit such big dreams in such a small body?" John asked, man he's really starting to annoy me now, I crossed my arms in a way that, made the muscles in my arms flex; I work out, got to put it to good use. John looked at my arms and gulped slightly. "What if we win it?" I asked again, he kept laughing. "Yeah if we win it will you reinstate?"
"Sure." John said, then Gail continued, "But no American team has ever won."
"That's because they hate us," John explained " That's because they hate us."
"The whole world." Gail said also laughing, "Hates us."