Another Case | Sherlock Holmes

This really sucks, but I tried.

Summary: Sherlock needs another case and you need a detective.

QOTP: What's your favorite episode of Sherlock?

Word Count: 1278

"I need another case!" Sherlock exclaims to John, who's sitting in his chair reading.

He sighs, "You've just solved a case, Sherlock."

"Which means I need another one."

John only scoffs, but Sherlock goes to look out the window. He's observing people, deducting where they've been, etc.

"A CASE!" he suddenly yells, startling John.

////

You're walking down the streets of London, head held high and a scowl fashioned on your lips. You're angry, determined, and quite intimating to passerby. They move out of your way quickly, parting like the Red Sea.

You knock on the door of 221B Baker Street, shoving your hands back into your coat pockets as a woman answers the door.

"I'm here to see Sherlock Holmes," you say, your expression softening a tad at the sight of the woman.

She nods and lets you inside. "He's just upstairs. Good thing you've come, too; he's been complaining about needing another case."

You walk up the stairs, your footsteps echoing. You reach the landing, and automatically, a door swings open. You stand, determined and unmoving. The man who opens the door studies you, and you him, though he doesn't know just how much you've already figured out about him.

"You're Sherlock Holmes?" you finally ask, your scowling expression fully restored by now.

He nods, seemingly unintimidated, "Yes, I am."

You wait a moment, then he turns and walks into the room behind him. Someone else - John Watson, you suspect - is sitting in a chair. He sets the book he was reading in his lap. "You have a case for us?" he asks.

You nod, nudging the door closed behind you with your foot. They both look at you, waiting for you to explain.

"You may have heard of the supposed suicide recently," you say. They both nod, Sherlock sitting on a sofa positioned in front of you. "That was my brother, and it wasn't suicide."

"Pretty boring case if you ask me," Sherlock mutters. John barely has time to glare at him before you explode.

"You listen here, Sherlock Holmes. I realize you can't exactly be bothered to pay attention to anybody other than yourself - probably because you can't see them over your inflated ego - but my brother is dead and nobody will listen to me. They told me I just didn't want to believe he would do such a thing, but I know for a fact it was murder." You'd walked towards him as you yelled, looking down at him as he sat rigid on the couch.

John's eyes are wide. Sherlock has the decency to shrink back into the sofa a little.

"If you've already solved it," he asks cautiously, "why do you need me?"