Preference: You Love Her | iZombie

Prompt #37
Requested by me bc I was fresh out of ideas

Anyone want Part 2????

Summary: His friend realizes how in love with you he is due to how he interacts with you.

QOTP: What do you want to happen in season five?

Word Count: 995

Blaine -
"Blaine!" she shouts as she walks in the door - she being Y/N, Blaine's friend. They've known each other for years, I think, but that's all I really know about their history.

"In the office!" Blaine shouts back. He's sitting at his desk, his feet propped up on it. I'm sitting in a chair in the corner.

"It absolutely stinks in here," she says, taking her coat off and hanging it on the back of a chair.

Blaine shrugs. "Well, it's a funeral home."

"Yes, it's a funeral home, but it smells like the coroner's office," she replies, sitting down. "I'm sure an air freshener wouldn't put a dent in your wallet, Mr. Krabs."

Blaine snorts, but defensively says, "I'm not that cheap."

"Mhmm," she hums skeptically. She leans back in her chair, getting out her phone. "So, what's on the agenda for today, boys?"

"The usual. Harvesting brains, dropping them off to clients, getting paid."

"And?" she adds.

"And what?" Blaine asks. She only raises an eyebrow at him in response. He relents in a few seconds, sighing. "Buying an air freshener."

She smiles. "Sounds like a fun day."

Blaine gets up and grabs his coat. "What kind do you want?" he asks, as if she actually lives here and needs to have a say in what kind of air freshener he gets.

She thinks for a moment. "I don't know. I'll go with you and we'll look around."

Blaine doesn't object to this as she gets up and puts on her own coat. I laugh. "You two are practically married."

Blaine blushes, but says, "Very funny, Don E. I need you to take those deliveries while I'm gone."

"Yeah, yeah."

"You driving or am I?" Y/N asks.

"I will," Blaine replies, reaching into his pocket for his keys, then realizing they're still in the office. She's already halfway out the door when he comes back to get them.

"You love her," I tease.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"Shut up and gets those deliveries done," he says, walking out. I laugh again.

He totally does.

Major -
Major and I are watching TV when the doorbell rings. Neither of us get up. I glance over at him. "You gonna get that?"

"No," he replies. "Are you?"

Then, the person knocks. I look at Major, and he looks back at me. For a few moments, we both silently challenge each other to get up. Finally, Major relents and answers the door.

"Hey," I hear a woman say - specifically, Y/N, our next door neighbor.

"He-Hey," Major replies, his voice half an octave higher. "What's - um - How's it going?"

I am so glad I made him answer the door.

"Fine," she replies. "How are you?"

"Uh, good. I'm good. So, um, what can I do ya for?" Major asks. I stifle a laugh, though he does manage to bring his voice down to a normal pitch.

"I was just wondering if you had any baking soda? I'm making cupcakes, and I don't have quite enough for the recipe," she explains.

"Yeah, I-I think we do," Major replies, heading for the kitchen cabinets.

"Thanks," Y/N says, beaming. "I can bring some over for you and Ravi when they're done, if you'd like?"

"Ye-Yeah, that'd be great," Major says, his voice cracking as he hands her our baking soda.

"I would love a cupcake," I say from my spot on the couch.

She smiles. "Great. I'll see you soon, then. Bye."

"B-Bye."

"Laters!" I shout. I wait for Major to close the door to start laughing. "Oh, Major; you've got it bad."

"What do you mean?" he asks, blushing and sitting back down.

"You love her," I reply.

To my surprise, he doesn't contradict me. "Well... kinda, yeah. But it's fine. I'll get over it... I'm fine."

He is definitely not fine.

Ravi -
"Good afternoon," I hear as Ravi and I finish up an autopsy.

I look at the woman who spoke - Y/N - with furrowed brows. "It's eleven."

"Same difference," she replies, a file in her hand. She holds it out to Ravi, who's closer to her. "I'm trying to catch this guy; he's one of my suspects. They're bringing a body in and I need you to see if it might be him."

"So the murderer becomes the... murderee," Ravi says awkwardly.

Y/N raises an eyebrow at him. "I mean... I guess so, yeah. Maybe." She looks at me. "Liv, I would advise against eating this one's brain until we know for sure."

"I'm already on matchmaker brain, so no worries," I reply. I start to get the table prepared for the body Y/N wants us to look at, but I receive no help from Ravi. He's just standing there, looking like he's thinking really hard about something.

"You okay, Ravi?" Y/N asks. "You're quiet."

He turns around abruptly when she says his name, then starts heading towards his office. "I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Just... tired."

"Alright..." Y/N trails off. "I'm gonna head upstairs. Let me know what you think after the autopsy."

"You got it." After she's gone, I look over at Ravi. "Seriously?! That was pathetic!"

"What do you mean?" he asks, finally helping me prepare the table.

"You talked to her like you've never spoken to a woman in your life," I say. Then, I sigh. "You love her, don't you?"

"What?" he half-exclaims. "Love her? N-No, I don't think so. I mean, she's pretty and all - and smart... and funny..." He snaps himself out of it, shaking his head. "But I don't love her."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."